Helping a friend in need

• Board of Directors

All,

Tomorrow, November 15, marks LoveShack.org's twenty-second year anniversary. From the beginning, LoveShack.org has been defined by the volunteers that have dedicated their time, ideas, and energy have helped shape and grow this community to be the place that it is today.

Each has lended their unique talents, yet without question, one in particular has stood out as an iconic mentor, contributor, arbiter, and above all else, character. Tony Zappone, who we've known as simply "Tony," has served for the past nineteen years as LoveShack.org's most notable moderator and director, working tirelessly behind the scenes to support the community, both financially and through his leadership, and offering his incredible life experiences, uncanny sensibilities, sage advice, and trademarked humor to the individuals seeking guidance here.

Two years ago, Tony suffered a sudden stroke, leaving him with limited mobility and in need of daily caregiver support to help him dress himself, bathe, and live his life. While he has had the fortune of finding a trusted aide who has been able to help him with these things most of us take for granted, she has found herself with unexpected transportation difficulties and Tony has started a GoFundMe campaign to help her obtain a reliable vehicle and ensure that she can continue to provide her services to him and her other clients for the foreseeable future.

I'd encourage you to read about Tony's incredible and colorful past and, if you’re in a position where you might be able to help, to visit Tony's GoFundMe campaign to learn more and consider offering your generous support. LoveShack.org would not be here today without this incredibly caring individual, and I'm hopeful that together we can help him meet his goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/need-trasportation-for-health-aide

Best,

Paul

• Like 2

Was lucky enough to only have limited interaction with Tony when I was posting regularly but I appreciate all his efforts here and am happy to make a contribution.

Those not in a position to donate can still help get the word out by sharing on social media.

• Like 1