Reunite but as long distance - would it work?

maestrok

Am 29, he's 34. Both working professionals.

We were living like 10 minutes away from each other when we were together for half a year. Broke up this January when we had a big argument and just got tired of fighting and stopped talking to each other for a bit which ended up being too long for us to start talking again.

So we broke up just like that. I think after 2 months from then, he kind of wanted to get back but by that time, I was due to leave work and move out of the country to the other side of Earth - which he does NOT know (I didn't tell him).

I miss him a lot. We were both in love and even wanted to get married for real.

I'm thinking of reaching out to him again. It might not work out but I want to try.

My main concerns are that:

(1) If we get back together, we have to do LDR and then both to move to a third country for us to reunite. That third country will be where we both would/could move and find job easily. Is this doable you think? Would I be even crazy to even suggest the idea? What would you think if you get an email from me after about 1 year?

(2) We had argument and broke up by not talking to each other. Will we be prone to repeating this? I mean, we would have arguments in the future in our lives, I don't want to break up again then if this means we don't know how to resolve issues between us...

Edited by maestrok

I’ve heard that LDRs can be very challenging. If you had such a big fight that you didn’t talk for days, regardless of how much you love each other, how sure are you it won’t happen again? Did you fight a lot when together?

No it isn't going to work. Forget it.

LDRs just BARELY work and usually fail most of the time and that is in a healthy relationship which the two of you do not have.