healing through meditation

ilovemefirst

Does anyone here believe in mind body healing? Has anyone ever overcome an illness that was chronic or "incurable".

My girlfriend is big on mediation. It relaxes and calms the mind and reduces stress which in turn will improve the body's ability to handle stress and fight off illness.

You will hear lots of stories about the power of prayer. Alas my faith is not strong enough to believe in that. At best, I think you need prayer coupled with modern medicine.

mark clemson

I do meditative style prayer, similar to what Quakers do. In fact I basically learned it from them. Never caused any spontaneous healing or anything unusual like that, but I do enjoy it and I'm in pretty good health overall. Decent diet and regular exercise too. I do think the meditative prayer benefits my mind/psychological state.

• Author
ilovemefirst

I really believe in it strongly, but only if you are open then you notice results. I focused on my bodies healing and cured an "incurable disease". Doctors told me that i would have to be on medication my whole life. I read the book " you are the placebo " and it really changed my life. I knew i was focusing too much on my illness and felt it was there forever.

I did not stop the medication because i still had a few doubts, but then i forgot to take it one day, and noticed i no longer had symptoms. I then continued to not take my medication and its been 6 months now. I went back to the doctors and they were baffled at how that disease just disappeared.

I now really truly believe in it now, because we all have our own healing powers.

I also listen to bruce lipton when he talks about biology of belief

• Like 2
  • Author
ilovemefirst

I saw that documentary! I loved it!

I recently had anxiety and I felt like I was probably relapsing but I saw that documentary and it reminded me that I am the only one in control of my body. We give too much importance to things outside of us rather than looking within in. It's so important to focus on your thoughts and feelings and energy.