Obstacles and Broken Love Radar.

I wonder why some of us have Obstacles in our lives when it comes to dating and love?

Is that a sign from the universe that its not time for love in our lives. When I look at my life. Anytime I want or think about dating or love. There is always an obstacle in the way. I look at some of my male friends. There is none for the most part.

I wonder why some of us just keep running into these problems. I never meet a woman. I like her and go up to her and it just runs smooth for the most part.

Friendship/family/work. I don't really have any obstacles and its just this one area that is always hard for some reason. I love women and I can't fathom what the problem is.

Its not my looks/personality. It just feels like the women in my social environment are attached. Rare that I meet a woman that is single and we click and its smooth sailing. My expectations can't be overboard.

My list of a woman is like this....

Single/childless. Or one Child at most. close in age being born in the 60/70/80's, by 10 yrs at the most. We are into the same music and both want to be fit. Maintain harmony with family/friends/Co-Workers. Open and wanting physical affection/interesting conversations and laughs between us. Keeping up our physical appearances for each other within reason. Is that really hard to find and maintain. Especially as we get older.

Or is my love radar broken. Its not like I go out and hit on women every chance I get. Others have the same problems as me as well. I don't get why this area of life is hard for some people and there is no visible reason for it. I have had dates and GF, but not with major frequency. My buddy SA got out of a relationship with his wife of 29 yrs as a couple and married for 19. He has a new GF and they are about to be 2 yrs in. He basically only had 6 months off of no romantic relationship. Its not like SA is some greek god and women are at his disposal.

Broken Love Radar or its tough out there.

When I used to play softball, we called this "home run fever" or "jack attack".

Basically, it's going up to the plate focused on hitting a home run to the detriment of everything thing else. The best hitters do the best job possible with the available pitches, knowing that sometimes this might simply be a walk or single. I wonder if you're so vested in a big outcome from every encounter that you're missing the smaller steps?

Being part of low-key relationships might be more productive for you in the long run than swinging for the fences...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 2

there are obstacles for everyone when it comes to dating and relationships. very few of us have it easy

• Like 1

l think one of your biggest if l've got the right person , would be that she has to come to you.

That one could be awhile yet.

l've never had a lady shortage in my life but l think if l waited for her to come to me l would've spent 50yrs alone l think , or with someone l wasn't interested in in the first place.

Mind you , they aren't usually that forward here anyway like all this stuff in forums l read women doing, and then l'm old school and she would be too butttt, never the less , no way l would've even met the most important women in my life if l didn't go and get her.

l'd def' reconsider your angle if it were me.

• Like 1

I think it also depends on the environment.

Perceived class, perceived socioeconomic status and perceived power become the defining markers of success. Notice I wrote "perceived". It's mostly about keeping up appearances. Friendly becomes cliquish. Humble becomes conceited.

On a lighter note:

2.50 a gallon

At an early age I learned to talk to all women, even the most beautiful ones, as normal people. I had lots of luck finding dates and sex. But I had a problem, when it came to serious dating, I was only interested in the most beautiful women. Generally for the most part, if I was really interested in them, I could count on them having a serious boyfriend. And I then had to find away to get him out of my way. Sometimes it worked sometimes not. With my current GF of 23 years, she was in love with the guy she was living with. I just set out to wait for him to make a mistake. It took over 2 years, he was a ex semi-pro heavy weight boxer, and when he retired from the ring, he some how got into drugs. They temporarily broke up when he left the state for 6 months to get cleaned up on drugs. From the beginning she knew I was interested in a serious relationship with her, and she kept reminding me that they were probably going to get back together when he came back.

We started dating just before Halloween, and one of our first dates she came over to my place to bake Halloween cookies, which she loved, this was followed by Thanksgiving cookies and when it came to Christmas I put up lots of lights and put some up for her at her place. Something she had always wanted to do. In short she liked the way I celebrated the holidays. When he came back they got together and she told him she had found some one new

Edited by 2.50 a gallon
At an early age I learned to talk to all women, even the most beautiful ones, as normal people. I had lots of luck finding dates and sex. But I had a problem, when it came to serious dating, I was only interested in the most beautiful women. Generally for the most part, if I was really interested in them, I could count on them having a serious boyfriend. And I then had to find away to get him out of my way. Sometimes it worked sometimes not. With my current GF of 23 years, she was in love with the guy she was living with. I just set out to wait for him to make a mistake. It took over 2 years, he was a ex semi-pro heavy weight boxer, and when he retired from the ring, he some how got into drugs. They temporarily broke up when he left the state for 6 months to get cleaned up on drugs. From the beginning she knew I was interested in a serious relationship with her, and she kept reminding me that they were probably going to get back together when he came back.

We started dating just before Halloween, and one of our first dates she came over to my place to bake Halloween cookies, which she loved, this was followed by Thanksgiving cookies and when it came to Christmas I put up lots of lights and put some up for her at her place. Something she had always wanted to do. In short she liked the way I celebrated the holidays. When he came back they got together and she told him she had found some one new

I've heard that you were quite the stud back in the day :laugh:

2.50 a gallon

Stud? The real secret was in my fridge, as I kept a couple of cheap bottles of champagne in the door, a couple of 6 packs, along with several flavors of Boones Farm. I used to use my over time money to buy Boones Farm by the case.

I also learned women liked kissing us men as much as we like kissing them.

I had a large 29 gallon fish tank just off of the floor, and several pillows. Would then play a game of chess or backgammon, on the floor in front of the fish tank with glasses of wine, and it would not be long before the kissing began.

My major problem was yes I dated a lot of attractive women. I was especially attracted to long legs. So while I might get lucky and have sex with some long legged women, for the most part being short and skinny they wanted someone taller than them for a permanent relationship. And would eventually leave me for some body taller. Then sneak back to have sex with me.

My Ex-W of 6 months was 5'10, and my current GF of 23 years, is about 2 inches taller then me.