So there’s this girl that I have been working with for the last 4 months.

So there’s this girl that I have been working with for the last 4 months. The first day we worked together we immediately got really cool and had a lot of fun. I knew she was talking to another guy, so I did not pursue it. But this guy really screwed up and has since hurt her. I’m so confused as to whether she likes me as just a friend or more.

She is the secretary, so she has to text everybody about paychecks and things, but that is where we really started talking outside of work and getting to know each other. At first it was almost always me putting in the effort to contact her, but nowadays she will contact me almost daily to talk for hours on end about anything and everything. She also literally never tells me she can’t talk or has to go and 9 times out of 10 she replies with lengthy messages and gives me extremely quick responses.

She also quite often goes out of her way to join me in eating lunch in the break room and having talks with me in person too. She seems to really enjoy my company. She doesn’t do any of these things with anybody else in at this job. It’s only with me and she has started to confide in me about things in her life that she won’t tell anybody else and tells me how much she trusts me with anything.

I know I’m a funny guy and we joke around, but she will laugh at even the dumbest jokes from me in person or via text. Now within the last week, some of my co-workers are telling me that she brings my name up and things that I say and do all the time. That they hear about me from her so much. Not bad things, but just different things I have said or done.

I’m so confused as to what to do. We are so close, but I don’t want to ruin our friendship, if she doesn’t like me back like I care about her. I always want her to be in my life, because quite frankly she means the world to me. Should I go for it and does it sound like she truly likes me as more than a friend?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and edit title and move to F&L

It's hard to tell because you work together. It's rarely a good idea to date coworkers. If you break up you still have to interact

She just got out of a relationship that broke her heart. You just need to be sure that the plenty hangouts and company and she being into you is not just a rebound cus trust me you wouldn't want that.

Maybe you should cut down on somethings you guys do together and see what happens, or better still ask her how she actually feels about you (will save you a whole lot of stress)

• 2 weeks later...