Reconcile or go separate ways?

This thread applies to bs. Not that other input isn't valuable, just that it;s hard to know how a bs feels unless you have been one.

If you are a bs who chose to reconcile, how do you feel about the current state of your marriage? If you had to do it all over again, would you choose to reconcile or walk away? Why?

If you chose to not stay together, why did you make that choice? If you could do it over again, would you make a different choice? What would you most like your former spouse to know? Are you happy?

My spouse and I recoiled. I'm glad we did. If I could do it over again, I would reconcile again. When I asked my husband if he would make the same choice after his affair ( to reconcile) , I got the :rolleyes:"what are you asking me that for? Of course I would!"...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Ill take him at his word.

I am a BS who chose to divorce.

When I found out about his affair I told him straght that it had to end. He replied "I don't want it to end, I love her".

He got the divorce papers the next week.

It really was as simple as that :rolleyes:

LivingWaterPlease

I'm a bs whose husband left during his affair.

For years I wished I'd had the opportunity to reconcile and would have done it in a heartbeat because I loved him very much and we had children together.

However, after all of the years apart I've gotten some perspective on him and now realize that in our situation divorce may very well have been for the best.

I was a BS who chose attempted reconciliation, mostly because we had a young son. It didn't work as my ex thought we should simply put her affair behind us and move on. She didn't just rug sweep, she dug a new basement.

She did me a huge favor. Our son grew into a fine young man with kids of his own and I've been happily remarried for 30+ years...

Mr. Lucky