scared of my "clean slate"

Happy New Year LS!

It's a new year, new you. Isn't how the resolution mantra goes?

So like many I have goals, but they are goals I have set & failed to achieve in the past. The idea of failing again is intimidating. I'm trying to resign myself to baby steps . . . one day at a time. Maybe I am being too ambitious . . .I have work goals, weight loss goals, nutrition & fitness goals & financial goals. No pain, no gain, right?

How is everyone else approaching their fresh start?

• Like 1

Happy new year to the Dalmatian! I have only two goals this year, pass my board exams and keep on dating in a place whose odds are stacked against me. The single life is actually quite easy, comparatively speaking, when you have your own job =P.

My approach is to keep up my wonderful relationship with my colleagues, and to continually improve my flirting skills. I've got to find women at every opportunity. It takes discipline to keep up a good mood because I'm constantly being beaten down in the dating game - but I use British comedy as my outlet.

Happy Lemming

I'm just trying to succeed at better time management. Finishing projects, completing tasks in a more timely manner, while still enjoying myself.

I did accomplish one goal (yesterday & early this morning), as I finished the preliminary work on my Federal Tax Return. I've taken it as far as I can... waiting on some rates to be published by the government.

So I'm going to give myself a "gold star" on the first task of the new year.

Good luck to you, on your goals "d0nnivain"!!

• Like 1

Happy 2019!

I once read this piece of advice from a rather successful person. Someone asked him if he had any advice for how that person could achieve their goals. His response was: "Write down all the things that you want to achieve this year, ordered by priority. Then cross out everything except the first 3."

IMO, that's very sound advice, assuming we're talking about major goals that require a lot of time and effort (and not minor ones like "see another country"). There are only 24 hours in the day, and a finite amount of energy and willpower for each person. It really helps to pick and prioritize a few things rather than trying to spread yourself too thin. Otherwise, you'd dilute your effort too much, not achieve much of anything, get disheartened and stop trying, etc.

I tried this last year and it worked. Just my unsolicited opinion. :)

I haven't actually thought much about what I wanted to do in 2019 yet. Thanks for reminding me, haha!

• Like 2
I have work goals, weight loss goals, nutrition & fitness goals & financial goals. No pain, no gain, right?

That slate is so so full I'm surprised "achieve world peace" isn't on the list!

I try and focus on one thing, though my wife might tell you I have quite the list to pick from. For me, 2019 is about getting rid of the clutter in my life.

Planning on starting tomorrow :) ...

Mr. Lucky

by eating half a pepperoni pizza and then taking a nap

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

My only real goal is to get more settled in my new work place. Last few months I felt like I was thrown into the middle of the ocean with no flotation devices. This is something I have consciously looked for as a way of challenging myself. So can’t complain too much ;)

Also reconnect with old friends now that I’m back in my “Australian hometown”. Feels good to be home :)

I still haven’t even so much as browsed online dating in this town. Zero interest and I’m not going to force it. If I feel bored, I may but probably not this year.

Edited by Eternal Sunshine

Happy New year!

This year, it's all about my studies. I'm 5 courses away from my undergrad and while I 'plan' on taking 3 courses this Winter and 2 courses this Summer so I can graduate in October, my goal is to do at least 2courses this Winter and two this Summer.

I'm also doing monthly challenges. small challenges. Like in January my challenge is to do «morning pages» every day.