Recently contacted a man I dated in the past

HorsieLove

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to the forum, and I have a question.

I contacted a guy I was dating briefly, but thought of often (we're both in our mid-late 50's). We talked for about a 1/2 hour and it went well. He brought up the idea of me joining his family for a sit down dinner, and we discussed other stuff.

How soon should I expect to hear back from him? And yes, we have slept together. He's single right now as am I.

Thanks for any responses!

HorsieLove

Welcome to LS...

Were you/he single when you dated in the past? Seems obvious but reality around LS isn't always what it seems.

Given the holidays IDK, people generally do family stuff. New Year's Eve might be a shot. I wouldn't be disappointed with radio silence during this period.

• Like 1
Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to the forum, and I have a question.

I contacted a guy I was dating briefly, but thought of often (we're both in our mid-late 50's). We talked for about a 1/2 hour and it went well. He brought up the idea of me joining his family for a sit down dinner, and we discussed other stuff.

How soon should I expect to hear back from him? And yes, we have slept together. He's single right now as am I.

Thanks for any responses!

HorsieLove

When did you last contact him and have sex?

• Like 1

How long is the gap from when you dated to now to reconnecting?

Sounds postive but like someone said what with the holidays he may not reach out now. No harm in sending him a Happy New Year text if you don't hear back from him.

• Author

Thank you for our response. Yes, we were both single at the time. We were intimate when I /we were both comfortable taking it to that level.

I just was "scared" to get too close, pulled back, ultimately ending it.

But you brought up some good points to consider and I appreciate it!

HorsieLove

• Author

QueenLemon thank you for replying!

It has been a little over a year from when we last saw each other. We both dated other people after the break-up.

I was happy with his wanting to talk and it wasn't a quick phone call.

But I'm confused a little because I thought for someone I would hear back from him by now.

And no, I haven't slept around since the breakup.

I hope that provides some helpful feedback!

HorsieLove

• Author

I'm learning (I think ) how to respond, etc.....

I haven't been intimate w/him or anyone since my time with him...…

But I'm kinda rethinking and not sure actually-

I received a couple of texts since my last post, but then I don't hear from him. And no, he doesn't call.

HorsieLove

• Author
Welcome to LS...

Were you/he single when you dated in the past? Seems obvious but reality around LS isn't always what it seems.

Given the holidays IDK, people generally do family stuff. New Year's Eve might be a shot. I wouldn't be disappointed with radio silence during this period.

carhill tried responding to your response a couple of times and it ends up somewhere else. Trying to get the hang of this

BTW really enjoyed the pics you shared

HorsieLove

• Author

hey there carhill…..

No, we haven't slept together since seeing we were together-I'm not sure if you "found" my response intended for your reply, but he's sent a couple of texts since we talked on the phone, and then I hear nothing. He never responds or responds when he'll text a question. IDK-having 2nd thoughts

HorsieLove

• 2 weeks later...