22 yr old wanting to lose 20-25 pounds

I'm a 22 year old male, 5'6'' and I currently weigh 160. I want to get down to about 135-140. So far I have been running everyday on the treadmill for 23 minutes and every other day I do two sets of 20 pushups and 2 sets of 20 sit ups. I am also eating better, chicken couple times a week, salad; basically, not eating anything dangerous right now. I have been at this for about a week now and although it is not a long time I remember weighing myself about 2-3 weeks ago and weighing 167 and yesterday I check and I am at 160.

Does anyone any suggestions on ways I can keep a diverse selection of foods through the day or if I'm doing something wrong in my workout routine?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Cut out coke and soft drinks that have carbs..

also pay attention to sodium

Drink diet drinks instead and drink alot of water.

if you burn about 500 calories more than you intake you will lose weight at about 2 lbs per week.

Pay attention to calories.. Stay away from frozen dinners.

You can eat alot of meats.. even hamburgers just eat it without the bread

You can eat alot of meats.. even hamburgers just eat it without the bread

You can eat bread, just switch to cracked or whole wheat bread - but of course don't eat too much of it.

Also - eliminate all overprocessed "white" carbs i.e. White bread, white rice, white flour pasta. All of these can be replaced with wheat or whole grain versions.

Eat lots of veggies and lean meats, and most importantly stay away from alcohol.

And probably, for your size, you should consume at least 3 liters of water per day.

I would say the exact same thing that Blackfrost said but also add to cut out sugar. It's really in everything these days so read ingredients.

Watch out for anything Partially Hydrogenized, Corn Syrup, Cane, etc.