Did I blow it?

livinglife2019

livinglife2019

My ex and I began dating again. It was totally different this time round, he introduced me to more of his friends, took me to Work events and such. He even talked about potentially bringing me to meet his family. However my issue is he is dating another girl. I asked him about it last Thursday while we where hanging out and he said they'd only been on two dates and that he was trying to let her down gently as she was having a tough week. The next day I asked him if he'd let her down gently and he said he hadn't seen her so no. It bugged me and with some advice from my friends I texted him back saying, talk to me after you've done it. To which he replied Right... I text you then so.

I haven't heard anything since Friday, my friends have said not to get in touch with him at all, but I'm a little worried I blew it with my response.

My friends seem to think the idea of letting someone down gently after two dates is a lie regardless of the situation. I don't know what to do, should I wait a few more days and text him or should I just let it be and if he texts he texts.

You blew it in the sense that you tried to talk about an emotionally laden subject via tex. Never ever do that! Texting is for quick messages not emotional conversations about your relationship.

That said I don't see how you blew it. You want exclusive. He's dating somebody else. Until he breaks up with her he's just toying with you. So what did you blow -- getting your emotions played with while this guy puts the OW's feelings above yours? If you cave now & call him he will forever know that you are a doormat who does not mean what she says & that he can do anything without consequences because you make empty threats.

In your shoes I think you are better off having this be over.

• Like 1

My friends seem to think the idea of letting someone down gently after two dates is a lie regardless of the situation. I don't know what to do, should I wait a few more days and text him or should I just let it be and if he texts he texts.

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/656319-night-hell-ex

Is this the same guy? Girl, you need to have better standards. He cheats on his girlfriend with you. Now he's dating another girl while trying to date you.

The same thing crossed my mind. He's not trying to let her down gently -- he's trying to have both of you at the same time. He's a lying arse.

Aim higher. You shouldn't be dating this clown. Work on your self-esteem. You noted in your past thread that he is like a drug for you. In that sense, stay NC and try to get him out of your system. The alternative is more pain in the future because he doesn't sound like a healthy addition to your life.

Edited by Zahara
  • Like 1

Question is...why are you dating a guy who insists on lying and cheating on you. Just because he is bringing you around to friends, and talk of meeting his family does not mean his intentions are good. He's blowing smoke up your butt. Don't be so naive. kick him to the curb.

btw listen to your friends.

My ex and I began dating again. It was totally different this time round, he introduced me to more of his friends, took me to Work events and such. He even talked about potentially bringing me to meet his family. However my issue is he is dating another girl. I asked him about it last Thursday while we where hanging out and he said they'd only been on two dates and that he was trying to let her down gently as she was having a tough week. The next day I asked him if he'd let her down gently and he said he hadn't seen her so no. It bugged me and with some advice from my friends I texted him back saying, talk to me after you've done it. To which he replied Right... I text you then so.

I haven't heard anything since Friday, my friends have said not to get in touch with him at all, but I'm a little worried I blew it with my response.

He's still with that other girl then. Why would you still want him to be with you? Cheat on her to be with you? Or Cheat with you to be with her?

• Like 1

You blew it back in January as soon as you decided to hook up with the guy who dumped you.

Am I the backup?

You thought you were the back up for some other girl then and now you here again.

This guy dumped YOU, he is sleeping with you, whilst still seeing some other girl, but you are writing some Cinderella love story in your head...

Stop it.

Edited by elaine567
  • Like 2