He Wanted Space And Has Gone A Month

Hi All,

My boyfriend of four years (2 years living together) has decided he wanted space. The reason for this we have been arguing alot, I have been accusing him of cheating and lying and also I can be a bit clingy at times. I admit my wrong and I know. However, these things only started happening when I found out he cheated last year, he chooses liming with friend than taking me out and when we spend time together he’s always sleeping or tired (working shift from being an officer). Now that you know the background I will state how the break came about.

He came home with a shoes I knew nothing about and me being insecure accused him and was really down on him for hiding a shoes. The following day was the last day on my job and I asked him to celebrate me closing that chapter in life and also to celebrate me achieving my PhD in Petroleum Engineering. However, my boyfriend choose to work an extra duty and never came home. The next I went to his work and found out he took a day off to have a river lime with friends (coworkers) but he couldn’t find that time for me. This really hurt me. After this (May 30) my boyfriend never came home.

I have seen him twice within this month when he came to buy me groceries and also my household items for washing clothes. The problem is he keeps stating he’s coming and never comes home. I feel some type of way because if you want to break up why not say but he’s not stating this, still supporting me financially but wants little to no communication with me. He said his family is watching and he will come home when he’s ready, but it has been a month. Why would he keep getting my hopes up when I ask and then never shows up and refuse to answer his phone. He had given up his keys and I cook a nice lunch for him while he came to buy the household items and gave him back. Which he has kept and has not given me back. I would really like a man advice concerning this issue. Some say he’s cheating, others tell me to leave it alone he will come home. I would honestly like the views of as much people I can get please.

What should I do, will he come home, does it mean he still loves me seeing he’s still supporting me. Please as the days go by and I see nothing is improving it hurts me. How can I fix this. What can I do. Should I contact his family. Please I need help. I have no friends and my parents live in another country so it’s just me.

Thanking everyone for your advice. Ask me anything I would be more than willing to answer. All heLp, advice is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on your PhD. Now apply some of that book smarts to this. You don't trust him; he cheated; he ignored you on a special day & has now abandoned you. Be done with him already.

If you are drilling for oil & repeatedly come up dry isn't that some indication to look else for petroleum? If you are looking for love & just keep getting ignored & cheated on, go search for true love somewhere else.

• Like 1

Since you have your PhD now, do you want to or have any other reason to stay in the country you are in besides him? Do you have a better support system, network of friends, or job prospects elsewhere? If so, seriously consider if you want to leave... if you realize that, without him around, you'd rather build a life elsewhere, then you may have your answer. And if you really mean it and let him know, you'll see how he really feels about this whole thing.

But no matter how you decide to do it, it's in your best interest to prioritize yourself and not trust a cheater who isn't communicating properly with you.

• Like 1