Guy likes me very much but always talks about the same things

purplerain09

purplerain09

We have been talking over the phone almost every other day and it has been 3 weeks now. he has told me a few times that he likes me very much but i also find that his conversations with me always surrounds his hobbies that he is quite passionate about. i don't have many hobbies that i can share with him now as I am concentrating on my studies but i fear that i will eventually get bored of listening about what he does with his hobbies. otherwise he is well settled down and have a stable career so i don't know if i should be so critical of him always wanting to share with me the experiences he is encountering with his sides interests. any advice?

Meet in person. Not everybody gives good phone. If after you spend time together in person, if you still don't think he'll be interesting, stop talking & move on to someone else.

• Like 1

I second to meet in person, mostly because you don't need to be talking on the phone with someone for so long.

Personally I love it when guys have things/hobbies that they are passionate about, especially if it's something I respect. Love, love, love it...and I want to hear about it all the time which just makes me like him more and more. However, if his hobby is something I don't respect, then yes I'll get annoyed and not really want to hear about it.

what do you think about his hobbies?

• Like 1
  • Author
purplerain09

so far i find his hobbies interesting as it concerns martial arts. he spends time explaining to me about his moves and what he did in his last lessons. i used to listen and just laugh at some of his funny stories but there are times when i find myself spacing out when i cant imagine myself the movements that he is making. i am impressed by his skills but i fear that i will get bored when its the same thing being discussed and sometimes he tends to repeat some of it where i have to tell him that he told me about it already.

• Like 1
so far i find his hobbies interesting as it concerns martial arts. he spends time explaining to me about his moves and what he did in his last lessons. i used to listen and just laugh at some of his funny stories but there are times when i find myself spacing out when i cant imagine myself the movements that he is making. i am impressed by his skills but i fear that i will get bored when its the same thing being discussed and sometimes he tends to repeat some of it where i have to tell him that he told me about it already.

Okay.

well in this case, I recommend you change the subject. He is making more of an effort to have a conversation more than you are, so you have to come up with things for YOU to talk about and take the pressure off of him to entertain you. Read up on the art of conversation.

• Like 1