, for my own sanity, tell me I'm not crazy...

StringsAndSticks

OK, so here's the deal:

I'm on the phone with my girlfriend last night while she was driving home from work. She was right in the middle of telling me something and the call dropped. No biggie, I'll give it a minute and call back. So, I call back.... No answer. I try again a minute later.... No answer. So, I send a text, "what happened?" No reply. Then a little while later I send another message, "babe, is everything OK?" No reply. At this point I'm getting kinda worried, so I call.... No answer. I try a little bit later.... No answer, but I leave a voicemail asking her if everything is OK and to call me. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night.

So, this morning, after not hearing anything all night, I send another message, "I'm really getting worried now." Then about an hour later, I get a message from her, "Why? I am OK, I just woke up." Here's the rest of the exchange:

Me: What?? Well, why didn't you just tell me last night?

Her: I went to sleep.

Me: So, your call drops, I try to call you back a few times, no answer, then I send you messages and leave a voicemail, no reply.... And you're claiming "I went to sleep?" Do I have that correct?

Her: I was in a bad area and the call got dropped, then I went home and went to bed.

Me: So, you couldn't have just told me that you were going to bed?

Her: OMG, really?

Me: What do you mean, "OMG, really??"

Her: I don't know why you're acting like that.

Me: Acting like what? Worried? Concerned?

Her: Like, crazy. Controlling.

Me: Controlling?! Do you have ANY sense of etiquette whatsoever??

Her: Yes. you got mad for something stupid.

Me: Something stupid? Oh, so worrying about you is something stupid?

Her: Yes.

Me: I'll ask again.... Do you have ANY sense of etiquette whatsoever??

Well, I haven't gotten an answer yet, I'm looking forward to THAT. But, am I wrong here?? Controlling?? I'm probably the LEAST controlling guy ever.

So, I ask.... Am I crazy??

You are not crazy but it's not the worst sin ever. It would have been more polite for her to say got home safe or something before she nodded off.

• Like 1
MuddyFootprints

After an hour of no response I would have been threatening to call 911. Or at least been on the road trying to track her down.

Yeah, I'm a little crazy. They know better than to let me worry, though.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

You're not crazy. She was rude. I think she probably was mad at you for the call dropping for whatever reason and was being a brat, then changed her mind about that and tried to turn it around on you.

How long have you been dating?

No I agree with you too. As she was driving when the call dropped I can totally understand your concern. She should have let you know she was okay no doubt she received your messages and voicemail once the signal returned and therefore that means she ignored the clear concern you raised in both your messages and voicemail. The right thing for her to do would have been to send you a text to let you know she was okay and going to bed which would have taken less than a minute. I’d certainly, consider the possibility she ignored your messages on purpose.

I’m sorry but a ‘normal’ person would have replied you wouldn’t want someone to worry about your safety.

She also turned it around and called you controlling. Absolving herself of any responsibility as if she couldn’t even understand where you were coming from. I’d steer clear of this one if I was you before you end up getting more than you bargained for. Her behavior is unusual and reeks of some sort of attention seeking and manipulation as she probably is now expecting an apology from you for ‘overreacting’. Run away fast.

• Like 1
MuddyFootprints

I can work crazy up enough that a text doesn't work for me when I'm worried.

Phone call. I need to hear a voice. Anyone can send a text. :bunny:

No I agree with you too. As she was driving when the call dropped I can totally understand your concern. She should have let you know she was okay no doubt she received your messages and voicemail once the signal returned and therefore that means she ignored the clear concern you raised in both your messages and voicemail. The right thing for her to do would have been to send you a text to let you know she was okay and going to bed which would have taken less than a minute. I’d certainly, consider the possibility she ignored your messages on purpose.

I’m sorry but a ‘normal’ person would have replied you wouldn’t want someone to worry about your safety.

She also turned it around and called you controlling. Absolving herself of any responsibility as if she couldn’t even understand where you were coming from. I’d steer clear of this one if I was you before you end up getting more than you bargained for. Her behavior is unusual and reeks of some sort of attention seeking and manipulation as she probably is now expecting an apology from you for ‘overreacting’. Run away fast.

"controlling" is always the first play used from the Cheater's Handbook.

The least is she is rude.

Besides having no manners she instead tries to blame you.

Then working up to her OM called her so she dropped your

call. Rushed to meet him that night so she was to busy with

him to call you.

Whether she is rude or up to and including a cheater does

not matter she is not good GF material.

Dump her.

• Like 1

I think you are perfectly normal from what you describe. Everyone will be very concerned a phone call is suddenly dropped, especially while driving. what if she got hit or rob or something?

Either she has zero common sense, or she was cheating?

she was not concerned you that you are concerned about her.

• Like 1

she doesn't care that you care. she doesn't care to make sure that you are not worried. which is what people that love you do.

she's lucky it wasn't me that she hung up on. i'd of though she got in an accident. at the least i would have called her mother/roommate/neighbor to see if she was alright or if her car was in the drive way and failing that, drove over there.

however, i have kids and orphans and they always use the line, "sorry, my phone went dead".

i have been known to start texting their friends, so now, they use someone else's phone to let me know their safe. they are getting to the age where their whereabouts and their companions are their choice, which is fine, but their safety is my concern and they know that until i know their safe and "in for the night'' no one's gonna have fun or get any sleep.

saying that you're controlling is what is called, chumming. she's trying to muddy the waters to put you on the defensive so you will get sidetracked from the real issue. she hung up, mid sentence, in traffic and doesn't give a damn that you were worried.

either she doesn't understand love and concern cuz she can't feel yours or she doesn't feel it for you, which ain't good.

good luck

• Like 1
I'm on the phone with my girlfriend last night while she was driving home from work.

No I don't think you are crazy at all. When someone is on the phone whilst driving, and they suddenly drop the call and you can't get back in contact with them, then there's 2 likely explanations: they have had an accident due to using a cell phone whilst driving, or they have been pulled over by the police for using a cell phone whilst driving. In the latter case they would probably tell you what happened when it was safe to do so.

I think you're right to be worried when someone drops a call whilst driving and suddenly goes dark on you. She is totally inconsiderate of your feelings.

• Like 2
  • Author
StringsAndSticks

Thank you for all the replies everyone. They are greatly appreciated! I was afraid that I was overreacting or something. Which, maybe I was a little, so I guess I just gotta take it a little easier and not worry so much.