Help, I caught my Boyfriend picking his nose and eating it!

Oh my god, I can't believe I am even writing this. This is not a joke. I have been going out with this guy for two years. I thought I knew everything about him. He is a really nice, sweet guy. But this morning, I woke up and looked over at him and he was laying there, partially asleep, picking his nose and eating it! He did it for about ten minutes. I kept turning away, hoping it was a nightmare or that I was imagining things. But everytime I looked over he was still doing it! I brought it up as we were eating lunch today and he got very embarassed. Then he started to leave and I had to chase after him and he yelled at me, saying that I was lecturing him. I am really upset about it even though he has called and apologized for over reacting. He said he has done it his entire life and can't stop. I am really bothered by it. Isn't that disgusting??

What would you do if you were in my position? I feel sick now.

I woke up and looked over

at him and he was laying there, partially asleep,

picking his nose and eating it

I am really bothered

by it. Isn't that disgusting??

What would you do if you were in my position?

I have two reactions to this:

• Yes, this is very disgusting, but...

• Everyone has personal habits that others will find objectionable. Maybe not this objectionable, but everyone does something that will irritate their partner. My girlfriend snores; I crack my knuckles and squeeze the toothpaste from the top instead of the bottom. Part of a lasting relationship is accepting your partners foibles (the ones you know about anyway) and giving your love unconditionally. You didn't say you wanted to break up with him over this behavior, but if that is the way you feel, you really should question how much you value the relationship to begin with.

Ask yourself how you want him to react when he discovers an embarassing habit of yours.

Steve

I must confess that I often pick my nose (in private), but I NEVER eat it!!! I remember being disgusted by other children in daycare and kindergarten classes that used to do this when I was a child, but I guess some continue it into adulthood.

One of my friends in grade one who I used to walk home with every day was a "nose-picker-eater". One day while Tracy and I were walking home I asked her why she did it and she told me it tasted good.

"Is that the best food in the world?" I asked.

"Mmmhmm" she knodded while we walked.

Some peole also pick off dead skin from their fingers and chew it, but eating snot has to be the worst...no I guess there could be someting even worse, but I won't mention it...

I don't know what to tell you about this because you will be disgusted for a long time no matter what he does to try and change your opinion of him. You witnessed one of his "animal" traits that would have best been hidden.

Worldly One II

What's worse about this situation is that "What if he ate a booger and then kissed you right afterwards" ?

This guy is a major loser..... Bag him... His actions call for you treating him like the disgusting pig he is.

What's worse also is maybe he puts boogers in food that he cooks for you, and doesn't think it's a bad thing.

One thing is, in LIFE we all carry traits that surprise others.

Also, how many times have you gone to a payphone and just picked it up and stuck it to your ear? Did you realise that

you just don't know who used that phone last?? Look at the phone ear and mouth piece and you'll find ;ear gunk, dried sweat, dried skin, boogers, hand grease and sweat. Where were the other people's hands before they touched the

phone. I personnally use a paper towel when I use a payphone

or teller machine, to limit my community contact. Also, in

any bar or club these days serving community popcorn or nuts you'll find a concentration of "URINE" , cause most people don't wash their hands when they "GO" .Also fingernail dust and dirt is all around you.

So, Precious BAG this disgusting pig-of-a-man you are sleeping with.

Oh my god, I can't believe I am even writing this. This is not a joke. I have been going out with this guy for two years. I thought I knew everything about him. He is a really nice, sweet guy. But this morning, I woke up and looked over at him and he was laying there, partially asleep, picking his nose and eating it! He did it for about ten minutes. I kept turning away, hoping it was a nightmare or that I was imagining things. But everytime I looked over he was still doing it! I brought it up as we were eating lunch today and he got very embarassed. Then he started to leave and I had to chase after him and he yelled at me, saying that I was lecturing him. I am really upset about it even though he has called and apologized for over reacting. He said he has done it his entire life and can't stop. I am really bothered by it. Isn't that disgusting?? What would you do if you were in my position? I feel sick now.
  • 2 weeks later...

hi if your boyfriend has kept this gross habit from you for two years chances are you may not catch him at again for another two years now that cant be too bad also bear in mind he only does it when he sleeps he could be so compulsive he does it at the dinner table or watching tv,its not really a big deal, hypnosis could help, (him not you) good luck

I have two reactions to this:

Yes, this is very disgusting, but... Everyone has personal habits that others will find objectionable. Maybe not this objectionable, but everyone does something that will irritate their partner. My girlfriend snores; I crack my knuckles and squeeze the toothpaste from the top instead of the bottom. Part of a lasting relationship is accepting your partners foibles (the ones you know about anyway) and giving your love unconditionally. You didn't say you wanted to break up with him over this behavior, but if that is the way you feel, you really should question how much you value the relationship to begin with.

Ask yourself how you want him to react when he discovers an embarassing habit of yours.