Finding out ex is dating again

Hi,

A 2 year relationship ended for me in November. Since then I have been NC and getting on with my life. I have been back dating and haven't thought about my ex a great deal. That was until my friend told me that he saw her on an online dating site. I don't know why this made me feel something because it's totally normal for he to be back dating herself. Was it normal for this to throw my chain of thought slightly?

ThupidCupid

In a way it's hitting you that it's really over. You're moving on and now she is moving on. I believe it's normal. It rocked me when I saw females commenting under my exs photos, but I had to step back and realize men were doing the same under mine.

Hi,

A 2 year relationship ended for me in November. Since then I have been NC and getting on with my life. I have been back dating and haven't thought about my ex a great deal. That was until my friend told me that he saw her on an online dating site. I don't know why this made me feel something because it's totally normal for he to be back dating herself. Was it normal for this to throw my chain of thought slightly?

Yes, pretty normal.

You had put the thought of her dating others to the back of your mind and ignored it to protect yourself.

NC did you a favour. Out of sight, out of mind.

Now it cannot be denied, the facts are out, she IS dating, so it now makes you uncomfortable and triggers emotions.

Hi,

It will do. It's only natural. In a way it confirms you cared. It's similar to seeing social media etc although mostly we delete all links in order to self-preserve.

I think you can take this as closure of sorts.

Yep pretty normal mines seeing someone same time frame as u ended endo of November it's hard because we all work together so I'm kinda forced to watch em interact. Shes cruel thats all I can say