Is she actually interested?

I guess I'm really after peoples opinions on the situation I am in and what, if anything, I should do about it. It started about a year ago I guess, one of my son's school friends started playing for the same team as him and the first game he played his mum brought him along, meeting her I thought she was very attractive but thought nothing more of it. About 6 months later she invited my son to her sons birthday, I dropped my son round their house and when she came to the door we pretty much immediately made eye contact which lasted a couple of seconds and then I looked away slightly embarrassed, we chatted for another 5 mins or so and then I left. I know a little about the whole eye contact and body language thing and I have got to admit from that moment she had got me, unfortunately I then didn't see her again for a good couple of months but I thought about her a lot! When our sons started playing football again I saw her several times at matches and we spoke but nothing more, our sons had got together a few times and I had been to her house to pick my son up and again we chatted, compliments were passed in opposite directions and there was some eye contact but I guess I wasn't getting the 'vibe' from her. We now get to just before Christmas and her son is at mine, she comes to pick him up, we are sat on the sofa chatting, eye contact, we are having a laugh, she touches my arm, I'm thinking 'is she flirting?' I don't really know, then as she is getting ready to leave it happens, bang! we make eye contact but this time we must hold it for 5 or 6 seconds (it seems like an age), but this is different it's like we are both stopped in our tracks and we can't move. Eventually we look away and she leaves and I'm left thinking wow that was intense, now a couple of weeks later we see each other again and pretty much the same happens, except this time we are in public, we chat I think she is flirting I make her laugh she touches my arm we are close to each other but I'm still not sure, then as we are going our separate ways our eyes meet and we are both stopped in our tracks again we must have been locked in eye contact for a good 5 seconds, not sure if anyone noticed, I'm thinking there is definitely something but I'm just not sure.

I guess my dilemma is do you think there is enough there to go for it and make a move or am I just imagining there is something there?. If I make a move and there is nothing there things could become very awkward, our sons being best friends, but if I do nothing then I miss out on something potentially special. In my eyes there is something there but then I am biased can people give their views/opinions and any advice on what I should do.

It shouldn't matter if you know if they are interested or not...the important thing is, that you are interested and should pursue anyways. Confidence wins the girl....now just go ask her out.

• Like 2
  • Author
It shouldn't matter if you know if they are interested or not...the important thing is, that you are interested and should pursue anyways. Confidence wins the girl....now just go ask her out.

Thanks for the reply smackie9, I know what you are saying and I'm sure you are right it's just difficult to just go for it. I'd like to think I am reading the signs correctly but I just don't know, the two moments where just wow! (something similar has happened a couple of times in the past and I didn't do anything about it then) but I don't want to mess things up, for more than just me, by making a fool of myself.

Thanks for the reply smackie9, I know what you are saying and I'm sure you are right it's just difficult to just go for it. I'd like to think I am reading the signs correctly but I just don't know, the two moments where just wow! (something similar has happened a couple of times in the past and I didn't do anything about it then) but I don't want to mess things up, for more than just me, by making a fool of myself.
Mess what up exactly? When you go for it, whether you are accepted or rejected, mention NOTHING about her interest. Make it all about you.

I'd love to take you out to dinner.
or
Would you like to go with me to the hootenanny?
Express YOUR interest, and you'll find out soon enough about her interest, one way or the other. But even if she shoots you down, just take it in stride,
Oh, that's too bad, I'm sure we would have had some fun.
and you'll have messed nothing up. Don't delay, because women get weird about that.
  • Like 2

To be completely honest, I do think she's interested. When I'm interested in a guy, eye contact is a must and she seems to be pretty good at it too:laugh::laugh:

Make a fool of yourself for showing interest is someone??? Doesn't THAT sound foolish??

I always felt cold shot approach was more flattering than some guy hovering around for weeks. Like I said, you don't need "signals" Signals are for weaklings. Confidence is so sexy.

• Like 4
Make a fool of yourself for showing interest is someone??? Doesn't THAT sound foolish??

I always felt cold shot approach was more flattering than some guy hovering around for weeks. Like I said, you don't need "signals" Signals are for weaklings. Confidence is so sexy.

This, exactly.
  • Author

Yeah, you are right, it's pretty normal to show interest in something you like I guess, I suppose I should just grow some and do something about I! Confidence is what it's about!