Attracted to my doctor.....

My new doctor has been helping me through my numerous troubles at the moment. I'm very thankful to have such a kind and understanding doctor but now i've got one more problem.

I've become very attracted to her [theres not that many years between us]. I'm not a sleazy or sexist person but all i can think of around her is very inapropriate things :(

I'm just going to try and supress those urges for now. I dont want to change doctors. She's the best one in town

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
letsgetcoffee

More context please? Your age, sex/gender identity, your pre-existing relationship with your doctor, etc. There is no easy answer to "Should I make advances on person x" without context.

You need to find another doctor then.

Nothing will ever happen because she would lose her license if she ever had a personal relationship with you. Best to move on.

• Like 3
I've started seeing a councillor as I'm having a lot of troubles but this in turn has led to one more.

She's only a year or two older then me [were both in our early 30's] and I've become very attracted to her.

I'm not a sleazy person nor would I ever do anything inappropriate or take advantage of anyone. I don't know what to do. I feel so ashamed about it

It's very common to develop an attraction to one's therapist or counselor. There is nothing to be ashamed of. It's a natural reaction to talking and sharing deep thoughts and problems. It would make you feel closer to her/him.

It would be ok for you to tell her what you are feeling and she will help you manage and understand your reaction to all this.

Trust me, she would not allow anything to happen, if she is a professional, that would compromise her career. She won't let you take advantage of her . . .

If these emotions are unmanageable for you, she may recommend that you find another counselor. But, if you can push through this and recognize that it's common and put things in perspective, you may find yourself making some progress.

I'm not sure where to post something. Its about my new overwhelming feelings and desire for my doctor.

Ii don't mean to sound rude or sexist but I'm really attracted to her and its making things complicated

Well, what is a problem, tell her, like you told here...? :)

Doctors are used to this. It's entirely normal to be attracted to someone who cares for us. I almost had a fourth child (and I have medically complicated pregnancies) just so that I could be cared for by my wonderful obstetrician. (I doubt he could ever have harboured the slightest attraction for my whale-like self).

Just enjoy it for what it is but understand it is the situation and is fantasy.

• Like 3
ShatteredLady

Hahaha! My spine doctor in the USA was lovely!! He hugged me & we both cried a little BECAUSE he'd been treating me for 8 years through thick & thin!! It can become a very intimate relationship but not romantic (to them) in the slightest.

There's even a name for this kind of attachment to medical people. Can't recall at the moment..