hi, please read my question

hi, i just wanted to run this by someone- maybe i have been reading too much into it- and i knew you lot would set me straight.

I have a really good friend who is a guy (i'm female). We are just friends but extremely close.

I have a cat who is really a one person cat- doesn't really like anyone but me and doesn't like some of my friends very much. Anyway this guy Matthew has actually started to hate my cat.

Last night I was talking to Matthew on the phone and Samba (the cat) came and said on my lap and was purring like mad and I was calling her sweetheart and baby and cutey and all these baby names. Matthew said oh my god i can't listen to this because i can't stand that cat. And then he said "Well actually its really because i'm jealous when you talk like that.....of Samba".. then there was this very awkward long silence and i changed the subject.

I know this is ridiculous but is he trying to tell me something? is he trying to drop a hint? i know it probably means nothing but i thought i'd see what anyone thought

• Author

his exact words were "I'm just jealous.... of Samba" he didn't say "when you talk like that" . I don't know . So could he mean anything else? Is he just messing with me?

• Author

the thing is he told me six months ago that he could never be with me (even tho we are best friends) and it devastated me. I got over it and now he's doing stuff like this.

soccorsilly

He may have been testing you---

He is into you. If you like him , move it on. If not, let him know

RecordProducer

Wow you're an adult and you still believe in Santa Clause?! :D Errr... I mean in innocent friendship between a man and a woman. :confused:

• Author

I just don't want to get my hopes up because he has rejected ME in the past- and bared my feelings to him- then months later told him i was over him and now he's the one sending mixed messages.

Oh , and did i mention before that the last relationship he had (which broke up a month ago) was with a MAN.

Thats why i'm confused!

This can never turn out well for you. If he is gay or bi, there will always be an issue. My best friend is the daughter of a gay man. He married her mom, they had 3 kids, they knew he was gay but thought marriage would fix that...

Then when she was 12, my friend found Dad on the couch with the (male) friend in the middle of the night.

Well, the boys are still together 36 years later so it was love, but Mom tried to kill herself and my friend was the one who found her in the tub with her wrists slit.

My friend has never had a successful relationship with a man and is happily single at the age of 44.

There's tons of other guys - TONS! Go find one.

Originally posted by mishy

I just don't want to get my hopes up because he has rejected ME in the past- and bared my feelings to him- then months later told him i was over him and now he's the one sending mixed messages.

Oh , and did i mention before that the last relationship he had (which broke up a month ago) was with a MAN.

Thats why i'm confused!

I would leave him in the friends mode. He is either confused or just playing with you and neither is good. If you can't stop the feelings for him then you need to step away until you can be friends. Never fall for a gay man. You won't be happy and he can't help it.

Run for your life. It's only going to get worse, whether he is gay, straight, or whatever.

If you stick around, next time he says something that confuses you, call him on it. That'll give you your answer right there.