Asked to meet up at mall and now her brother wants to come...***Updated***

BasketballLife

BasketballLife

Basically I've been talking to this girl for about a week now through snapchat, keep in mind though that I did know her way before and we've had conversations before. When we snapchat we usually have conversations about different stuff like classes or just things in general and it's clear that she doesn't want the talking to lead nowhere as when it starts to get pointless she'll ask "what you doing" and stuff like that. She usually takes hours to reply and never during the school day, but that's understandable because she doesn't take her phone everywhere where she's not allowed. So Halloween is coming up and we happened to have a school break on that day, I wanted to ask her to just hang out or something. No trick or treating cause it's not allowed for her. Is this a good move?

Basketball I am going to give you a tip.

Get on with it.

If you like the girl ask her out. One of to things will happen

She will say yes. Hurrah you have a date go and enjoy it.

or

She will say no. Never mind plenty more people to go and meet and its not the end of the world.

I can also tell you that when guys keep talking and never make a move it gets boring really quickly... You then get "friend zoned" a position you can not come back from.

So get in there. I would suggest a week or so max depending on the person and their mood before you ask her out.

Here is another tip.

If a girl gives you her number its because she wants you to ask her out... I think you are on pretty safe ground unless you have left it too long.

• Like 1
Basically I've been talking to this girl for about a week now through snapchat, keep in mind though that I did know her way before and we've had conversations before. When we snapchat we usually have conversations about different stuff like classes or just things in general and it's clear that she doesn't want the talking to lead nowhere as when it starts to get pointless she'll ask "what you doing" and stuff like that. She usually takes hours to reply and never during the school day, but that's understandable because she doesn't take her phone everywhere where she's not allowed. So Halloween is coming up and we happened to have a school break on that day, I wanted to ask her to just hang out or something. No trick or treating cause it's not allowed for her. Is this a good move?

"I don't know if she's interested" -- You don't really ever know for sure until . . . you know. The only way to know, is to ask her to go out. Don't ask her to "hang out". Ask her on a real date like big people do . . . Call her on the phone and ask her to go somewhere with you. If she says No, so be it. If she says Yes, great. Go out and have fun.

• Author
BasketballLife
Basketball I am going to give you a tip.

Get on with it.

If you like the girl ask her out. One of to things will happen

She will say yes. Hurrah you have a date go and enjoy it.

or

She will say no. Never mind plenty more people to go and meet and its not the end of the world.

I can also tell you that when guys keep talking and never make a move it gets boring really quickly... You then get "friend zoned" a position you can not come back from.

So get in there. I would suggest a week or so max depending on the person and their mood before you ask her out.

Here is another tip.

If a girl gives you her number its because she wants you to ask her out... I think you are on pretty safe ground unless you have left it too long.

Well, it wasn't a "number" it was her snapchat. I have no idea if she a functional cellular service. And I've gotten her snapchat long before I was interested in her and it was kind of just sitting there. Then, a couple of weeks ago I started seeing her and started liking her and then I reached out to her. But I gone and done it, asked her if she is open Monday and if she is I'll move on from there. I mean YOLO right

• Author
BasketballLife

I asked a girl on a date and she said yes, then I asked her what she wanted to do and she reply "I don't know I thought you knew", I replied with some suggestions and she hadn't replied since :/

I asked a girl on a date and she said yes, then I asked her what she wanted to do and she reply "I don't know I thought you knew", I replied with some suggestions and she hadn't replied since :/

Typically, the person asking should have something in mind and preferably not ask the other person. But, you did offer options and that is the way to go. I don't see why this would be a problem for her. Perhaps she's considering each of your options and will get back to you.

• Like 1

Maybe she's getting her eyebrows tattooed and can't respond for a long while.

That's what happened to me last night with my friend.

lol

Yeah you screwed up. Never ask a girl what she wants to do... you should come up with something. At least you now know what to do next time. Also don't let her pick from one of your ideas, (especially for a first date) just suggest one thing.

• Author
BasketballLife
Yeah you screwed up. Never ask a girl what she wants to do... you should come up with something. At least you now know what to do next time. Also don't let her pick from one of your ideas, (especially for a first date) just suggest one thing.

She replied and said the mall is fine. Exact words were "sure I like the mall better (emoji) lmao"

What are you going to do, wine and dine her at the Food Court? Try to impress her with some Panda Express?

That's so 1982. Reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. lol

Dinner at a Nice place and an Evening stroll should do wonders for your prospects of a second date.

• Like 1

Best dates are those that you can do something fun together. Going to a movie, getting ice cream, mini golf, going to the zoo, playing basketball, going to a cooking class, etc... There are many options, depending on your interests. I would suggest that walking around a mall or park trying to make conversation may be difficult if you don't know each other well and don't have much to talk about. It really doesn't "create a moment" or allow you to have an experience that you can share together... Maybe you can try something a little different next time.

• Author
BasketballLife
What are you going to do, wine and dine her at the Food Court? Try to impress her with some Panda Express?

That's so 1982. Reminds me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. lol

Dinner at a Nice place and an Evening stroll should do wonders for your prospects of a second date.

We're high schoolers buddy.

• Author
BasketballLife

Exactly what it sounds like, both 16. I don't have my license for another month so we have to meet up. I didn't even know she had one :/ she seemed like an only child. This seems like some scheme to me...I could use this as a oppurtunity though, what do you think?

Exactly what it sounds like, both 16. I don't have my license for another month so we have to meet up. I didn't even know she had one :/ she seemed like an only child.

A couple of things:

Have you guys officially met? If not, she may bring her brother "for protection."

If her brother is younger, she may just be bringing him along. She may still see it as a "date."

If he's older, she's probably bringing him as a buffer towards you (she may not be interested. I'd still go, feel it out though).

At your young age, I think you have to be VERY clear that you want to date her. Otherwise, she may think it's "just friends." I find that, as a 26 year older, when you get older the whole "date" thing seems to be assumed, more times than not.

• Author
BasketballLife
A couple of things:

Have you guys officially met? If not, she may bring her brother "for protection."

If her brother is younger, she may just be bringing him along. She may still see it as a "date."

If he's older, she's probably bringing him as a buffer towards you (she may not be interested. I'd still go, feel it out though).

At your young age, I think you have to be VERY clear that you want to date her. Otherwise, she may think it's "just friends." I find that, as a 26 year older, when you get older the whole "date" thing seems to be assumed, more times than not.

We have met actually, see her almost everyday. I have no idea if he is younger or older. If this turns out well I'll make sure the next date will be a one on one.

Why does it sound like a scheme? You think they're going to beat you up or something?

Plus, youre meeting at the mall. Pretty casual for a date, even at 16.

• Author
BasketballLife
Why does it sound like a scheme? You think they're going to beat you up or something?

Plus, youre meeting at the mall. Pretty casual for a date, even at 16.

Nah he's like 11, idk just kind of funky

Yeah man.

If you wanted to blow her away, you should have asked her out to dinner.

Doesn't have to be fancy, but something a bit nicer than, say, a Red Lobster or Applebee's.

I'd say, at 16, an Outback Steakhouse would have been just fine and would have showed your girl that she's dealing with a young man, not a boy.

• Author
BasketballLife
Yeah man.

If you wanted to blow her away, you should have asked her out to dinner.

Doesn't have to be fancy, but something a bit nicer than, say, a Red Lobster or Applebee's.

I'd say, at 16, an Outback Steakhouse would have been just fine and would have showed your girl that she's dealing with a young man, not a boy.

That sounds a bit immature like "hey, I'm have money and I'm willing to spend it on a girl on a first date"

I think the mall is fine for a 16 year old's first date with a girl. I assume there are restaurants, coffee shops, etc. inside the mall so you can buy her a coffee or pop or dessert or something, if you want. Outback (and frankly even Applebee's and Red Lobster) seems a little pricey for a first date for a guy who is probably making minimum wage. Save the dinners for when she is your girlfriend.

She might just feel uncomfortable and scared about going on a first date with you, so she wants her brother along for backup. Just go with the flow, be nice to him, and maybe buy him an ice cream. It'll be fine!

That sounds a bit immature like "hey, I'm have money and I'm willing to spend it on a girl on a first date"

By that logic, taking her for ice cream is "immature."

• Like 1