Did I overreact?

I was dating my boyfriend for 8 months and recently he moved across the country because he is in the military. He told me how serious he was about me that he wanted me to move in with him later on yadda yadda.

But yesterday I recieved a message from someone with screenshots of him on the POF dating site, he had messaged a girl about going bowling and she asked him if he was single and he said he was single and new to the area.

I messaged my bf and told him I was done with him and that I couldnt trust him anymore, he called me and told me he had been having drinking problems (which he had in the past) and that he was super drunk last night and doesnt remember but must have reactivated his POF profile from before he met me and messaged the chick. He also said all his guy friends had their girlfriends around so I guess he meant he was feeling lonely without me?

In my book I think it was cheating though but some of my friends said it wasnt...

but I broke it off with him and blocked him online because he kept messaging me to not leave him..

DId I overreact to this or was this a reasonable thing to do?

In my book I think it was cheating though but some of my friends said it wasnt...

?

You need to ditch your BF, also possibly those friends.

• Like 2
RecentChange

Heh, he was lonely so he signed up to look for s new girlfriend? That seems like a legit excuse. A drinking problem on top of it - sounds like someone to trust ans dedicate yourself to.

Breaking up was the right thing to do. At least you found out now, not after you had moved!

• Like 2

You did not over-react.

You learned that your boyfriend is looking for other girls, and there is a good chance he's already dabbled with dating others. Period.

His excuse about being lonely is craptastic. He could have done the mature thing and broken up with you before trying to date others. He didn't do that.

And a drinker to boot.

You lost little of value here.

• Like 2

Ditch the cheating, lying boyfriend and any friends who defended him (which I find very hard to believe).

• Like 1

Good god the guy couldn't even own it, he had to place blame on drinking and crap.....seriously a coward, cheating lying idiot. You won't be missing much.

I was dating my boyfriend for 8 months and recently he moved across the country because he is in the military. He told me how serious he was about me that he wanted me to move in with him later on yadda yadda.

But yesterday I recieved a message from someone with screenshots of him on the POF dating site, he had messaged a girl about going bowling and she asked him if he was single and he said he was single and new to the area.

I messaged my bf and told him I was done with him and that I couldnt trust him anymore, he called me and told me he had been having drinking problems (which he had in the past) and that he was super drunk last night and doesnt remember but must have reactivated his POF profile from before he met me and messaged the chick. He also said all his guy friends had their girlfriends around so I guess he meant he was feeling lonely without me?

but I broke it off with him and blocked him online because he kept messaging me to not leave him..

DId I overreact to this or was this a reasonable thing to do?

You did not over react at all.

He was trying to get laid and went on POF to see what trim was available locally to him. You don;t even need to dignify him with any type of response. Nothing says F.U. like blocking him. lol

Do not cave. He would only make sure not to go on POF next time, probably Tinder would be more to his liking. You don't need that crap. Date someone you aren't on the other side of the country from.

• Like 2

he is trying to play you for a fool. Are you a fool?

You can do better. I was I the military and have seen this play out countless times. Some girls even showed up unexpected. Walk away from the POS.

• Author

Thanks all. You all were very right. He emailed because I had blocked him on everything else and baically outlined how it was my fault he cheated because I did not drop out of school and move to be with him and because I don't want kids (which he knew since the first day we met). Glad to be rid of the cheating liar.

• Like 2