What's going on with this girl?

scubasteve

So I started talking to this girl from match.com. I guess you can say we hit it off then moved to texting. Then we continue to text, since she doesn't like to talk on the phone in extreme emergencies idk why my generation is like that. Then she agree to meet up for coffee this weekend but I'm not so sure if it's gonna happen. Since I seen her pics from her dating site I asked her if she could give me one before I meet up with her age blew me off and said "most of my pics on my dating profile are the most recent one" I know you guys will say why. But I been catfished do many times and I just wanna prepared myself before I actually meet up with who ever this person is. So at this point I'm trying to figure out what the heck this person is.

coolheadal
So I started talking to this girl from match.com. I guess you can say we hit it off then moved to texting. Then we continue to text, since she doesn't like to talk on the phone in extreme emergencies idk why my generation is like that. Then she agree to meet up for coffee this weekend but I'm not so sure if it's gonna happen. Since I seen her pics from her dating site I asked her if she could give me one before I meet up with her age blew me off and said "most of my pics on my dating profile are the most recent one" I know you guys will say why. But I been catfished do many times and I just wanna prepared myself before I actually meet up with who ever this person is. So at this point I'm trying to figure out what the heck this person is.

Today you really don't know who your talking to online if your are not sure of the person you going to meet with. If the photo you have look too good to be true then your being lied too. Cat-fished saga again. When they don't want to talk to you on the phone that's a sure sign they're hiding something like who they are or they could have a boyfriend, they could be engaged, they could be married. But again they could be a man posing as women.

Where are you going to meet-up with this person make sure it's a public place where other people are at. Take the picture with you and get there a few minutes before so you can get a bird-eyes view of what is coming to see you. Hopefully she'll show up too. Tell me something are the pictures all look like the same person are they out of focus or pixelated. That means these are from the internet. Do google image search on these pictures there is one from tiny picture search is even better. Then you can tell if the person is real or fake. If they're fake don't you dare leave your house. You should be able to right click on the image and download it to your PC or use your cell phone and snap a picture of the image of your PC screen. Sounds like she doesn't have any pictures got them off another site. But you got to make sure those pictures are not floating around online or other guys have the pictures. They should come up Zero if they're hers.

Edited by coolheadal
  • Author
scubasteve

I did Google image search nothing came up. I tried looking on Facebook from the number, and nothing. We were gonna meet up at Starbucks. And yes they are perfectly clear.

Maybe she is super shy like I am. I almost never talk on the phone either, especially with a stranger on a dating site. I hate pics of myself too so I would have said the same thing.

I wouldn't assume anything about catfish yet. Just go and see how it goes. You will have your answer in the first second of meeting

hippychick3

It's just coffee!

Worst that could happen is she's not exactly the same as her pics, and you're out $1.85.

I don't see what the big deal is.

• Like 2

I hear you OP, these days you can't be too careful (even for guys). You don't know who the hell you're dealing with on the other side. There was a recent story where a lady got murdered and her body hacked to pieces, and she was dating the guy for a month!

Lois_Griffin
Then we continue to text, since she doesn't like to talk on the phone in extreme emergencies idk why my generation is like that.

LOL yup. Sadly, a bunch of socially stunted youngin's who have no clue how to interact unless it's by a keyboard.

And because you think this nonsense is normal, THAT'S how these fools will continue to trick you.

Let me know if he's a nice guy if he actually shows up. Or, let us know exactly how big she really is if she does decide to drag her girth into the coffee shop to meet you. :lmao:

• Author
scubasteve

Post update we had it today and surprisingly it was the real deal. And I wasn't cat fish so now I gotta wait till I text her to go do something again.

• Like 1
hippychick3
Post update we had it today and surprisingly it was the real deal. And I wasn't cat fish so now I gotta wait till I text her to go do something again.

Great! See that...you never know. If the risk isn't too high (coffee in public place is barely a risk), why give up an opportunity?

Good luck!

If you like her, don't wait until you want to go and do something again, keep in touch with her. Not overwhelmingly so, but certainly a conversation by text if she seems happy with that. There is nothing worse than a guy who hardly ever texts and then when he does seems to expect you to feel connected to him in some way!

Conviction

I hear you OP, I too have been catfished with misleading pics. What it comes down to though, is you just have to take a leap of faith. If you're not seeing what you expected, be polite, then decline any future meetings. Nobody can fault you for that.

I also hear you on the lack of communication in this generation. It's all about texting, snapchat, FB, etc and it drives me up the wall.