I'm losing touch with my friend, what can I do?

The whole thing makes me so anxious. Look, I'm very bad at staying in touch with people and it has made me lose touch with friends in my past. I lost my ex best friend once because I didn't stay in touch. I find myself in a situation like this now. Me and my close friend, since we graduated we've both been busy working and she got a boyfriend but we would catch up whenever we could. Like I said I'm bad at staying in touch so she has been the only one to do so. We said we have to meet up more often and then she only she has stayed in touch with me. Sometimes I just take people for granted. I realized that hey, we are losing touch and I suppose it's because of me? And I don't want that. A few weeks ago I asked if she wanted to meet but got ill the day we were suppose to. I haven't talked to her since and I feel like the worst friend ever. What should I do? I'm so scared of reaching out to her again because I don't want to get rejected and what if she doesn't want to be my friend anymore? Any advice? I would love to get someone else's opinion.

truthtripper

Well, you've learnt something-not to take friendship for granted. Now act accordingly. That's not so hard is it? But if it is for you, why?

It's not too late to get in touch with your friend again. You were sick, right? You had a legitimate reason. Just call her and tell her you value her friendship and you really do want to keep in touch.

• Like 2
  • Author
Well, you've learnt something-not to take friendship for granted. Now act accordingly. That's not so hard is it? But if it is for you, why?

It's not too late to get in touch with your friend again. You were sick, right? You had a legitimate reason. Just call her and tell her you value her friendship and you really do want to keep in touch.

I'm just super scared of losing another friend again. I'm scared that she won't forgive me or turn me down. I'm just a really sensitive person I suppose. Been seeing her and our group of friends doing fun stuff together without me which also makes me sad.. I feel like it's too late but I have not tried.

The whole thing makes me so anxious. Look, I'm very bad at staying in touch with people and it has made me lose touch with friends in my past. I lost my ex best friend once because I didn't stay in touch. I find myself in a situation like this now. Me and my close friend, since we graduated we've both been busy working and she got a boyfriend but we would catch up whenever we could. Like I said I'm bad at staying in touch so she has been the only one to do so. We said we have to meet up more often and then she only she has stayed in touch with me. Sometimes I just take people for granted. I realized that hey, we are losing touch and I suppose it's because of me? And I don't want that. A few weeks ago I asked if she wanted to meet but got ill the day we were suppose to. I haven't talked to her since and I feel like the worst friend ever. What should I do? I'm so scared of reaching out to her again because I don't want to get rejected and what if she doesn't want to be my friend anymore? Any advice? I would love to get someone else's opinion.

Yes get new friends. You have done this over and over and at this point she will probably drop you anyway. When you do get new friends value the friendship and nurture it. You'll find that good friends are hard to come by as you grow older.

• Author
Yes get new friends. You have done this over and over and at this point she will probably drop you anyway. When you do get new friends value the friendship and nurture it. You'll find that good friends are hard to come by as you grow older.

I haven't done this over and over again. I've only been bad at staying in touch but I've recognized my issues and wants to change it. I do value this friendship more than just letting to and make new friends. Not sure where you get the idea that she is going to drop my anyway from.

I lost touch with friends bc they live far away and I felt very 1 sided, where I tried to keep the connection they didn't try. I gave up and hey it happens. Sometimes you can force friendship with people you don't click with. You can try to go out and do things you like.

• Like 1

If she hung in with you this long through years of your negligence, she will probably be delighted if you show an immediate and consistent pattern of contacting her and making plans to see her and following through on it. I imagine as long as you tell her you really really wanted to see her but got sick, she will forgive you.

• Like 2
truthtripper
I'm just super scared of losing another friend again. I'm scared that she won't forgive me or turn me down. I'm just a really sensitive person I suppose. Been seeing her and our group of friends doing fun stuff together without me which also makes me sad.. I feel like it's too late but I have not tried.

Go on then :)

• Like 1

Sit down and bravely tell her what your friendship means to you.

Apologize and acknowledge your mistakes as a friend, make a new start and do better.

I moved to a new city, left behind (proximity only) the friends I held dearly, lost a BEST friend as a result of the distance I guess, but I greive the loss of THAT friend d-a-i-l-y and you dont know what you've got until its gone. Dont find that out...go find her, tell her, be a great friend now.

• Like 1