Here we go again...

My step son is 15,

A week ago, I had a candy box and taped to the candy box was free tickets that his dad and I had won.

Well I told both my step son and my son not to eat it or mess with it yet.

The box came up missing, they both denied ever touching it. ( I wanted the box so I could get the tickets off, and I had planned to take them to the movies with it) I even told them this.

I went snooping in their rooms the next day and found the candy box with the tickets hidden under my step sons mattress.

Then yesterday, both my step son and my son wanted to do extra chores to earn some money.

They both did and I paid them. My son put his money on the counter so he wouldn't forget it before he went to school. All of us saw the money on the counter before we went to bed. My step son gets on the bus earlier before my son so when my son went to get his money to bring to school, it was gone, and my husband gave him more.

When my stepped son was asked about it, he denied, denied, denied.

It was only us 4 in the house, and I saw it there at 11pm last night after everyone was in bed.....

Opinions Please....

TaraMaiden2

His dad needs to deal with this. Directly. Strongly.

Why is he stealing?

Is this new?

Sudden?

Whatever, he may deserve some sympathy for a warped 'cry for help'. I don't know.

But it really should be understood, dealt with - and punished.

And his dad needs to take a firm stand.

When we were much, much younger, my elder brother was trouble.

In the end, my parents turned him in to the police.

He ended up in a remand centre for 6 months.

It had he desired effect.

Consider the best course of action, because there comes a point when the kid gloves have to come off.

I am not ever suggesting any form or corporal punishment.

Perish the thought!

But he has to be made to understood that this behaviour is completely unacceptable.

• Author

Thank for your response :)

This is not the first time, I believe there has been other times as well, but there is no hard evidence.

His dad had to change where he keeps his money because he believes $60 was missing and then another time $20.

I also know $5.00 was taken out of our rm. which he said he didn't.

I also believe he took some of his little sister's money.

My son also said some of his other money was missing off the dresser.

There was also over $100 movies ordered on our vudu account which my step son denied, but I believe it was him.

My husband said he was going to talk to him and tell him that this is unacceptable, Ok, I think that's a start but I feel at this age he already knows this and there should absolutely be consequences.

I feel disappointed, trust is HUGE and right now I don't feel comfortable leaving my stuff unsecured in our own home.

TaraMaiden2

How old is your stepson?

Where does his natural mother fit into all of this?

There must be a reason this is happening....

But if the guy has an inherent temptation to keep stealing, set up cameras, and tell him the next time something goes missing, you're going to call the cops and let them deal with it...

But your H really needs to step up to the plate and say this.

And what's more, he has to mean it.