_about_ex

My ex boyfriend dumped me back in November (1yr relationship) and for a few months it was a rocky friendship with the person. He did not tell me why at the time but I learned over time that it was he s a little scared of relationships.I suggested to him at the end of January that I d just walk out of his life totally and he got upset over it, and seemed shocked I refused a hug from him when saying bye. Since early February he s been a lot nicer to me, cooking me dinner, wants to go out and do stuff, playing board/computer games to gether and generally see each other every week, he s also all smiles around me. Although, I ve noticed that in between seeing him he ll go on Grindr once/twice a week but he s having sex with me and he enjoys it. BTW, I'm not using Grindr myself, a friend has told me. I don t think he s seen anyone else yet but I m worried I ll get hurt. I m basically giving him time to sort himself out and being supportive.

Any advice? I m 26 and he s 32.

I'm sure he's extremely happy with the setup of having a friend to have sex with, who keeps him company, while he gets to explore other options.

Why subject yourself to this?

I m basically giving him time to sort himself out and being supportive.

No. You're giving him the goodies while he transitions to someone else.

You're giving him the benefits of a relationship without him having to commit. Let him sort himself out while you stay away from him. If you're that valuable to him, he'll realize the loss and reconcile. In the meantime, stop giving him sex because you think he'll change his mind. It rarely ever works after a guy demotes you from GF to someone he's just having sex with.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2

Welcome to the "I'm a FWB and I had no idea!" club.....

It's all geared to what he wants which leaves you in limbo.

He's a cake-eater.

And a very good, successful one to, by the sound of it.

Stop having sex with him.

Stop being his friend.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2
My ex boyfriend dumped me back in November (1yr relationship) and for a few months it was a rocky friendship with the person. He did not tell me why at the time but I learned over time that it was he s a little scared of relationships.I suggested to him at the end of January that I d just walk out of his life totally and he got upset over it, and seemed shocked I refused a hug from him when saying bye. Since early February he s been a lot nicer to me, cooking me dinner, wants to go out and do stuff, playing board/computer games to gether and generally see each other every week, he s also all smiles around me. Although, I ve noticed that in between seeing him he ll go on Grindr once/twice a week but he s having sex with me and he enjoys it. BTW, I'm not using Grindr myself, a friend has told me. I don t think he s seen anyone else yet but I m worried I ll get hurt. I m basically giving him time to sort himself out and being supportive.

Any advice? I m 26 and he s 32.

Could I ask, why are you asking this again?