Girl comes, Girl goes lol

Koans

Just a hella strange story I like to share.

Looong story short.

I knew a girl 5 years ago. Knew her for only four months and also dated in that time. But I bounced for personal reasons when she wanted to lock me down. It ended sour as she blocked me from facebook.

So a week ago, this same girl likes one of my pics then sends me a friend request. I accepted.

*PLOT TWIST* She sends a friend invite on the same day she's posting her new wedding pictures. But that was so long ago I didn't even feel any way. I gave her props on her pictures with her new husband.

Some say she was trying to one me up. If so, I didn't feel it. I gave her the benefit of the doubt for an alternate reasoning of that she forgave me. For the fact I see that she is now a devoted Mormon.

Then today, I was actually looking up her profile, and and...she deleted me. wtffffff. Hella weird.

That's all.

acrosstheuniverse

Not weird at all. Some people try keep facebook for genuine friends. I sometimes might add someone who's likely to be a friend, and if we don't end up connecting then I'll delete them. I frequently cull my friends list to make sure I'm only really available on there to genuine friends.

Not sure what the point of this post is to be honest.

• Author

There was no point to be honest. It was something I wanted to just share. I hope that part wasn't that hard to figure out. It's not that deep. I didn't care for a connection. But if she wanted to communicate. Cool. If not. Cool. Facebook is really just to stay connected. Not to find a connection. Anyways, being emotionally still confused as a newly wed is no bueno.

Not weird at all. Some people try keep facebook for genuine friends. I sometimes might add someone who's likely to be a friend, and if we don't end up connecting then I'll delete them. I frequently cull my friends list to make sure I'm only really available on there to genuine friends.

Not sure what the point of this post is to be honest.

I think it's very weird. What kind of married person would seek friendship from a member of the opposite sex that they haven't talked to for 5 years.

I think she is still bitter on some level. I think the "one up" theory is the most likely explanation

EatYourVeggies

I had an Ex who I forgotten about and hadn't spoken to for 10+ years contact me and let me know she just got married and sent pictures. I am not on social media so she had to track me down with a family member. Afterwards, never heard from her again.

I guess a guy marrying her was some sort of validation and wanted me to make me aware. Strange considering she was the one who dumped me and I even tried to get her back. Granted, I was a douche rocket back then and from her point of view didn't treat her well so maybe that has something to do with it, I dunno.

Edited by EatYourVeggies

Might have been just fishing for compliments 'oh look, I'm getting married, I couldn't be happier' to just get rid of you for good the next day. I feel sorry for the husband.

Have some self respect and forget about her--if she dares contacting you in one way or another in the future, ignoring her will be the best move.

Versacehottie

Yeah well it sounds like she was just trying to gloat. That's why she added you so you'd accept and see the pics and then block again. She is not trying to really be your friend nor date you or have an affair (in spite of being married); she's got something to prove. Whatever, be thankful you are blocked. No one needs that drama from some married woman who should be mature and happy enough to let it go.

and WTF is up with all the "blocking". Unless someone is legit stalking you or blowing up your phone or your feed, it is so lame to block someone. Just shows your real cards that your panties are all in a wad about some perceived slight. Best thing ever to do is leave unblocked but not respond if they try to make contact. That shows you are happy living your life and they are a non-mother-f*cking factor. Which is exactly what you should do--don't sweat it and forget this stupid person!

That shows you are happy living your life and they are a non-mother-f*cking factor. Which is exactly what you should do--don't sweat it and forget this stupid person!

Those are some dramatic word choices. Makes it sound like you still care

Versacehottie
Those are some dramatic word choices. Makes it sound like you still care

LOL, its a funny line from a reality show which some people might pick up on (and then they printed tee shirts that said the same thing) and it applies to this OP's situation, more or less.

But yeah, basically to go all dramatic and block shows that the person cares much more than being ignored or being dismissive of someone. I think it's pretty transparent when someone does that, whereas if you do nothing the person trying to get a reaction from you doesn't get one and cannot tell what you are thinking either way. Being ignored by someone you hoped to upset is actually better revenge if that's what you want and very freeing if you don't want to participate in the drama--ie it is the best solution.

LOL, its a funny line from a reality show which some people might pick up on (and then they printed tee shirts that said the same thing) and it applies to this OP's situation, more or less.

But yeah, basically to go all dramatic and block shows that the person cares much more than being ignored or being dismissive of someone. I think it's pretty transparent when someone does that, whereas if you do nothing the person trying to get a reaction from you doesn't get one and cannot tell what you are thinking either way. Being ignored by someone you hoped to upset is actually better revenge if that's what you want and very freeing if you don't want to participate in the drama--ie it is the best solution.

Oops, I didn't get the reference

Versacehottie
Oops, I didn't get the reference

lol, it was a pretty funny ongoing thing on the reality show. no worries. But essentially it did sum up the phenomena pretty well and how best to handle.

As far as I know, for myself, I've never been blocked. And have only done it once--to my sister because we were really really really in a fight--lol and yes I did it because I cared and wanted to get a reaction. Guilty! All the other people who've annoyed me or I've moved on from did not even warrant a mother-f*cking keystroke. As far as people I've dated in the past getting in contact, it's not a big deal to me. I either ignore or reply on a case by case basis.

oops, I say it because it is recommended so often on this site as a solution. I think it just keeps the person "locked in" waiting for the impending reaction, ie more invested, not less. Unless the person is harmful, it's a dramatic and over-the-top reaction and not necessary, IMO.

Edited by Versacehottie