I have no idea where to put this (ex chest, ribs, back, etc)

"Listen to the night, hearken to the silence

The wind sings in fir-trees, forest´s music rings

Rueful is the tune, wailful the soughing

Soothing is the choir, murmur of the trees"

I plan to make it a cursive tattoo. Any ideas?

It would also make a very nice wallpaper for your phone or computer.

But on your body? It won't look very good.

If you love it and want to get a tattoo, rather than the words, do an image that captures the soul of those words. A couple of trees with notes going through them or something.

• Like 1
It would also make a very nice wallpaper for your phone or computer.

But on your body? It won't look very good.

If you love it and want to get a tattoo, rather than the words, do an image that captures the soul of those words. A couple of trees with notes going through them or something.

I have 9 tattoos, so feel somewhat "qualified" to comment (That's not to say anyone else here isn't. But a person with tattoos can see both sides, if you want....)

I am inclined to agree.

What you absolutely love now, in about 20 years' time may well have lost its appeal; furthermore (as already said) writing needs to be big; in time, tattoos blur and the gist may be lost...

If you positively insist on having it done, then for goodness' sake make sure you get a reputable, competent and accurate tattooist. There are far too many tales (pic's available on the internet!) of script tattooed onto people which look dreadful - and are often also mis-spelt....

I have a tottoo which, while I do not for one nano-second regret having done, actually needs some remedial work, because it's beginning to look...'tired'.....

Skin tone and texture and elasticity changes.

Bear that in mind.

• Like 1

What you absolutely love now, in about 20 years' time may well have lost its appeal

I actually hate it when people tell me this whenever I get a new tattoo.

If I get a tattoo it's something special or meaningful to me at the time of getting it, yes people change and I may not agree or feel the same way about the tattoo in 10, 15 or 20 years down the line, but in the future I can look at the tattoo and remember the times when I got it, remember what type of person I was and how I lived my life.

I get tattoos as memories so one day if I'm lucky enough to get old and have grandchildren, I can sit them down and explain why I got this one, what made me get that one, where I got this one, etc.

• Like 3

I was talking more with regard to people who tend to have tatoos done in a moment of spontaneity.

And sadly, there are far more of those than is really healthy for them!

There's a TV programme on UK television called "Tattoo Fixers" and basically, these highly-regarded and extremely adept, artistic and experienced tattoo artists have set up a 'studio just for tv' to invite people with really bad tattoos, to come and have them worked over. or overworked. (IRL, they all actually have their own studios....)

Some of the specimens who walk through that door really needed their brains examining with a 4lb buck-hammer....:rolleyes::laugh:

All my tattoos have significance, too. As stated, I don't regret a single one...

I was talking more with regard to people who tend to have tatoos done in a moment of spontaneity.

And sadly, there are far more of those than is really healthy for them!

There's a TV programme on UK television called "Tattoo Fixers" and basically, these highly-regarded and extremely adept, artistic and experienced tattoo artists have set up a 'studio just for tv' to invite people with really bad tattoos, to come and have them worked over. or overworked. (IRL, they all actually have their own studios....)

Some of the specimens who walk through that door really needed their brains examining with a 4lb buck-hammer....:rolleyes::laugh:

I saw a bit of that the other night. This man's kids were going on and on about how terrible his tattoo was, how embarrassing, how they lived in fear of him going shirtless around their friends...

I wondered how bad it could be. Then he took his shirt off. It was a lizard performing oral sex on a human woman.

• Like 1
I saw a bit of that the other night. This man's kids were going on and on about how terrible his tattoo was, how embarrassing, how they lived in fear of him going shirtless around their friends...

I wondered how bad it could be. Then he took his shirt off. It was a lizard performing oral sex on a human woman.

I just.....no......I.........yes........

No.

ugh.

GorillaTheater

Setting aside for a moment my personal feeling that you shouldn't do anything that makes it easier for the police to identify you, that would be one hell of a big tattoo. I mean, we're talking about a f*cking paragraph here.

How about a haiku instead?

Setting aside for a moment my personal feeling that you shouldn't do anything that makes it easier for the police to identify you, that would be one hell of a big tattoo. I mean, we're talking about a f*cking paragraph here.

How about a haiku instead?

Damn! I wish someone would've told me this. :(

If there was a poem that I loved so much that I wanted it tatooed on my body, I would think the inside of my forearm would be a decent place. Unless I was a student, because then it would look like I was always cheating on exams.

Setting aside for a moment my personal feeling that you shouldn't do anything that makes it easier for the police to identify you, .....

That depends.

Are you the murderer, or the body?

GorillaTheater
That depends.

Are you the murderer, or the body?

I always look at it from the standpoint of a criminal, never the victim.

It would be interesting to hear what a shrink would say about that. :laugh: