Am I still in it?

I have this girl that I met. my friends say she thought I was cute, we talked a little for about 3 days. I forgot to catch her number and got it from a friend. I texted her and told her I meant to get her number but forgot and I got it from a friend, I asked if that was alright and I didn't want to sound creepy or anything. she replied " its all good ahah." I then texted her whats up and never got a reply. did I do anything wrong? you would think if she thought I was cute she wouldn't ignore me.

what's up isn't exactly a great conversation/text opener. you might want to actually ask a question or ask for a specific date. i wouldn't respond to a what's up either... very generic and thoughtless, and usually something i ignore, too.

• Author
what's up isn't exactly a great conversation/text opener. you might want to actually ask a question or ask for a specific date. i wouldn't respond to a what's up either... very generic and thoughtless, and usually something i ignore, too.

you would ignore it even if you like the person?

Why don't you just call her... I keep reading all these stories that go like, "I texted her this and they never replied."

• Author
Why don't you just call her... I keep reading all these stories that go like, "I texted her this and they never replied."

little to late don't you think?

• Author
Wouldn't be for me.

And what would you say? why did you ignore my text? Plus, what makes you think she want to talk in a more personal matter when she doesn't want to talk over text.

And what would you say? why did you ignore my text? Plus, what makes you think she want to talk in a more personal matter when she doesn't want to talk over text.

I would say "What's up?" just like your text. I wouldn't say why did you ignore my text, that is totally douchey and creepy. And what makes me think she wants to talk in a "more personal matter?" I don't think she does. That's why I would try to make it that way by calling. Let me tell you something: Maybe I'm getting old, but when I am interested in someone, I will call her to talk, not hide behind text. It's not like you're crossing a line into some strange restricted "Personal Land," it's just talking. If she doesn't want to talk to you, she won't talk to you.

Sometimes texts occasionally get delayed, or don't send at all. Sometimes people get texts but can't reply, but then forget to reply later. But with the way you seem to be looking into this, maybe she really did ignore you. Sometimes people think "what's up" just means "hi." Now can you see how ****ty communication is with text? It opens paths to all kinds of miscommunication. One time a girl was texting me about something, I don't even remember what, and it turned into an argument. All because she misinterpreted the way I worded something. So I texted her "this is so stupid, let's talk over the phone." I then said exactly what I had texted, but because she could hear my voice saying it she was like "oh wow, I thought you were saying something completely different."

smh...

• Author
I would say "What's up?" just like your text. I wouldn't say why did you ignore my text, that is totally douchey and creepy. And what makes me think she wants to talk in a "more personal matter?" I don't think she does. That's why I would try to make it that way by calling. Let me tell you something: Maybe I'm getting old, but when I am interested in someone, I will call her to talk, not hide behind text. It's not like you're crossing a line into some strange restricted "Personal Land," it's just talking. If she doesn't want to talk to you, she won't talk to you.

Sometimes texts occasionally get delayed, or don't send at all. Sometimes people get texts but can't reply, but then forget to reply later. But with the way you seem to be looking into this, maybe she really did ignore you. Sometimes people think "what's up" just means "hi." Now can you see how ****ty communication is with text? It opens paths to all kinds of miscommunication. One time a girl was texting me about something, I don't even remember what, and it turned into an argument. All because she misinterpreted the way I worded something. So I texted her "this is so stupid, let's talk over the phone." I then said exactly what I had texted, but because she could hear my voice saying it she was like "oh wow, I thought you were saying something completely different."

smh...

Makes since. Maybe she really was ignoring me. But I still don't know why. If she liked me, you would she would reply to anything. Idk.

• Author

I know this girl, she said I was cute, and we've known each other for about 3-5 days. I wasn't able to get her number and my friend gave it to me. When I texted her I stated he gave it to me and if that was okay. She said that it was all good. I texted back okay what's up and never got a reply. I sent another text the next day and no reply, I thought texting her like that would be good because even though I didn't get her number I still wanted to talk to her and that might show her something. Did I get rejected? Is there still a chance? Or should I give up?? I like her to much and don't want to give up but I don't know if it's worth it.

First off when you get a girl's number you get it yourself. Second, you call her not text if you want to ask her out, thirdly, she may have said you are cute, that doesn't mean she is into you....the lack of response makes that pretty evident.

Don't text her anymore. If you don't want to give up, you talk to her in person.

PinkElephants

From one of your other threads about this girl:

I didn't get her number from her because I forgot and it was killing me to talk to her. so I got it from a friend. this is how the text went, "hey its Jesse from work, I meant to get your number but I forgot, I got it from *myfriend* if that's okay. don't mean to sound creepy or anything". about 4 minutes later she replied "No your good ahah". then I replied with "Okay, Whats up". then I got no reply. I feel so stupid. I don't get why she would not reply... like at all

First, get a girl's number from her. To get it from your friend implies a lack of confidence and is slightly creepy.

Second, you sound timid, meek, and apologetic. You immediately came out with an appeal for permission and then made excuses for yourself. That's not cute.

Third, "what's up" is a conversation ending question. What can she possibly reply with? Nothing, at work, busy...you see where this is going. It's a dead end.

If she liked me, you would she would reply to anything.

She might have liked you until she realized talking to you is like drinking lukewarm water: tolerable but bland and unsatisfying. If a guy came at me with the texts you sent I'd realize I was wrong to be interested in him.

I'd leave her alone if I were you. Silence is an answer because she's seeing your texts now and deliberately not answering them. Next time, ask a girl for her number directly. Then call her, don't text. When you do call her ask her out to something interesting instead of doing the "what's up with you?" "Nothing, what's up with you?" dance.

• Like 1