Found the perfect girl and got her number... Now what?

whocanitbenow

whocanitbenow

So I goto one of the big 10 schools in the USA and today during a grad school event, I met this really pretty girl who has the best attitude ever. We were standing in line together and I initiated conversation. We talked for a while and all the while she had a cute smile on her face. It was perfect. Then we took some food together and she pointed me towards her roommates and I ate with them. We had a little conversation (as much as we could with all that music playing). At the end of it, she asked me if I had Facebook. I said 'no'. But then asked for her number. She gave it to me and I gave her mine. Then, she pointed to her roommates and said 'we are now going out so...'. So we smiled and parted ways. Before leaving she said 'it was nice to meet you'. I said the same. And we parted.

So now 4 hours later, I can't stop thinking about her and how perfect she is. So now how long do I wait before I text her? Should I text her or call her? Should I ask her out? When? Right away?

P.S: I'm new in the USA, so I'm not familiar with dating intricacies here and I do not want to mess this up because of that. Please help me out!

Well...first of all, not to be a party pooper, but i sense trouble already. You described her as "perfect"; you can't stop thinking about her after a maybe a half hour of knowing her.

Nobody is perfect and no one could possibly assume this kind amazingness after such a short introduction. I think you have maybe fallen in love too fast. I would wait. Wait until you can shift your thinking from "she's perfect" to "hmm...she seems interesting and i'm curious about her"....otherwise you will come off as desperate and needy. Most American women want confidence and maturity.

So....there is no golden rule in this country on when to text back. My opinion? Get her out of your mind and do something productive for at least a day or two. Go back to your normal life. If after a day or two you are still in love, wait another day or two. Wait as long as you need to. If she's your future girlfriend, she'll be around tomorrow or next month.

When you finally feel normal again, CALL her. Don't text her. Calling shows confidence. Call her and be yourself and see if you can have a second great conversation, this time on the phone. If that happens and works out, ask her out at the end of the conversation.

• Like 5
fitnessfan365
Well...first of all, not to be a party pooper, but i sense trouble already. You described her as "perfect"; you can't stop thinking about her after a maybe a half hour of knowing her.

Nobody is perfect and no one could possibly assume this kind amazingness after such a short introduction. I think you have maybe fallen in love too fast. I would wait. Wait until you can shift your thinking from "she's perfect" to "hmm...she seems interesting and i'm curious about her"....otherwise you will come off as desperate and needy. Most American women want confidence and maturity.

So....there is no golden rule in this country on when to text back. My opinion? Get her out of your mind and do something productive for at least a day or two. Go back to your normal life. If after a day or two you are still in love, wait another day or two. Wait as long as you need to. If she's your future girlfriend, she'll be around tomorrow or next month.

When you finally feel normal again, CALL her. Don't text her. Calling shows confidence. Call her and be yourself and see if you can have a second great conversation, this time on the phone. If that happens and works out, ask her out at the end of the conversation.

Really good post! Also, I can't stress how much I agree w-actually calling her. But my advice? Send two texts first.

1) She probably won't answer a call from an unrecognized number. So you'd probably get sent straight to voice mail. Ex - "Hey Ashley! Now u won't mistake me for a telemarketer ;)"

2) Assuming she responds, it means it's her real number and she wasn't blowing you off. So then you want to actually schedule a call time. Ex -"I'll call u later. When's a good time?" You'll be 10x more likely to actually get her on the phone initially, instead of having of playing voice mail phone tag.

I think your best bet is a text in a couple of days. Do you have any other events that are coming up that are like or similar to the one you met her at? If so then that's the perfect opportunity. Send her a text with "hey it's ____(your name) from the other day.... Wanted to see if you're going to the ____ event this/next week?" That's a very non threatening and easy way to reach out to her. If she doesn't reply to something so casual then you know she's not interested. If she does then boom you're all set.

If she says she's going then ask to see if she wants to meet up beforehand and go together, or meet afterwards and grab lunch or something like that.

If she says she's not going then you should have a plan in your back pocket to invite her to. Such as "ah that's too bad, had fun hanging with u at the last one. By the way if you're not doing anything this weekend a few friends of mine are having a get together/ or going to be doing something at ____ place/bar etc. OR, well if you're not doing anything this weekend and want to grab a drink with me, I know a couple nice places that you might enjoy, let me know". That's a nice simple way of asking her out. It's also mature and won't come off as needy or clingy. And worst case scenerio if she says no then you haven't done anything that's too forward or embarrassing and will make it awkward to ever see her again.

Good luck.

Wait till tomorrow and send a text to her. Sending her a text on Saturday night isn't the best idea.

Text her a bit then ask her about getting together fir lunch or dinner.

The first thing you need to do is take her down off that pedestal. Nobody is perfect, and thinking like this will likely blow your chances. Right now she is just some girl you met for a bit that you can ask out, dont build it up so much in your head.