I don't meet women because I don't have much drive in meeting them.

Is this a common thing? Or does this show a lack of sex drive or something? Because regarding the second question, I still get horny and get off to the opposite sex. However, I don't want to meet every last woman I meet. Plus, because I am back in school this fall, I see that a lot of women I see are fresh out of high school, and a guy at 29 might seem a little sketchy in pursuing girls who are a decade younger. Hell, I have accounts on POF and OkCupid, and I don't send women messages that much because I don't see too many women who spark my interests. In the past, I have experimented with sending multiple women messages to see if I at least get a reply. Some have responded, but stopped after two or three messages.

However, I am not sure if this is a common thing. Sure, I have heard the whole "Be confident" spiel hundreds of times, but I feel that I am confident enough to talk to women. Sure, I may be a bit awkward sometimes, if a little shy, but I sometimes exhibit comfort in talking to women as well. But for the most part, I sometimes feel like I don't have much of a desire or urge to meet women. I am not sure if that has to do with pickiness, because I am not that picky. I also don't like it when people try to urge me on to go walk up to a stranger girl and start talking to her (I have a story to share about this; it happened a month ago).

Is this a common thing?

I don't know if it's common, but you're doing yourself a favor. The dating game sucks. Most women I see on OKC are less than remarkable (putting it gently). Approaching women in public is nerve-wracking and usually ends in rejection and embarrassment.

Enjoy your monkhood and consider yourself blessed.

• Author

I think monkhood is a little far-fetched in this case, but I guess maybe I am lucky that I don't have to deal with baggage much. Being single really is not bad, at least not as bad as the general consensus believes.

Frank2thepoint

I understand your frustration. I haven't done OLD in over six years. I have been just doing the offline approach, you know, the way it was done before the Internet. For me, it's been very exhausting and disappointing. And I live in a large metropolitan city. Getting to know women face-to-face, seeing their real personalities, has turned me off from pursuing them for the time being. I couldn't even image how they present themselves online, what they fabricate, to cover up their superficiality, and their self-absorbed personalities. Of course not all are like that. There are gems out there, but in short supply. But dating and pursuing a woman is like going through a gauntlet.