Blending families

nlynnc

I was dating a man for a couple months, but because he is recently divorced with 3 kids (all under 8 Years old) and felt like could nt handle it all and his ex wife always being in contact I broke it off. He absolutely cares for me and shows me thru his actions and words all the time. He said I'm who he wants to grow old with and was already talking marriage, ect. it was just all veey fast for me and overwhelming. So he asked if we could remain friends. I said sure. So anyways, iI'm not going to keep leading him on and either need to commit 100% to him and his kids or I need to say goodbye for good.

For people who have married a divorced person with children, was it worth it to you? Or do you regret it because of too much conflict and youfamilies/ kids not blending well?I just am SOOOOO worried that there is going to be too much trouble with a blended family. Even thoI love him, is it all worth it in the end?

I never had a problem with it, OP...either when my ex-husband (and father of my only child remarried) or when I married my second husband (with 2 children of his own...one who eventually came to live with us).

I made sure that both women knew that I believed - and lived - that one can never have too many people loving their kid(s).

Best of luck to you...

• Like 1

I love my husband's kids, and miss them when they are gone at moms, sometimes. The 8 year old totally loves my 13 year old who gets a bit frustrated with her because she doesn't remember acting like that. The 5 year old well I'm working on a few behaviors. Like his screaming for not getting his way, so annoying. But it's not all the time that we have them, and its more amusing to me. My kids are older, it's a trip down memory lane for me.

Even blood siblings fight so really, just parent as usual. Divorce people do realize they are opening their lives to additional parents. Learning to work with each other is a process, my ex and I have a great working relationship that includes his wife, she's a great step mom. It can work.