Why would a guy ignore you after he acted like he liked you and gave you his info?

Ok. I met this guy a couple of weeks ago. He was in town working on a project and I got hired on to help them out. From the very beginning we got along great and had great chemistry. I really liked him and he seemed like he really liked me. Even friends told me he was was really flirty with me...and they were around him. We would talk and he told me in private that he didn't have a girlfriend. He would even compliment me to his boss and he kept telling me that I had been awesome, amazing, and sweet. Well, this is why I'm kind of bummed about this situation because before I left on my last day we talked about staying in contact and he made sure I had his right email and before I left he gave me his number and email again to make sure I had it. Nothing happened between us. But late that night around 1 am he called me. I didn't answer because I was asleep and I mute my phone at night before I go to bed. The next morning I texted him telling him I was asleep when he called and he texted right back and said he accidentally called me. That was the last time I heard from him. I emailed him a few days later telling him that it was nice working with him and for him to stay in contact. He never responded. So, I thought I give it one more try and I texted him just the other day and said I hope he was doing well. Just something to make small talk and to ask if it would be ok to add him as a reference since he was my boss. I was just trying to find any way possible to text him to see if he would respond. He never responded. What is going on? This just doesn't seem like him. His behavior towards me is completely different. He went from seeming like he really liked me to completely ignoring me. When we were around each other he would respond so quickly. I keep wondering if it's something I did or maybe because I didn't answer his phone call that night. I would've loved to have kept in contact with him to stay friends. Any advice on what might have happened? Me and a friend were talking about it and she was there and she is shocked that he hasn't responded because of the way he was with me. He lives in another state, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Idk. I'm just bummed and confused because what's got me is that he is the one who made sure I had his correct info and told me to email him. So why is he ignoring me now?

It sounds to me like he may have something going on with someone else back home. Your real test will be if you randomly hear from him one day when he's in town again.

I often have a hard time taking my own advice, but I'll say it anyway…if he's not making an effort for you, then he's not worth your time. Trust me, I know what it's like to over analyze something to death wondering if it's something you did, but it isn't.

• Like 1

I say this very gentle but stop the mental gymnastics and just "next" him. Why he is doing it? Who cares, he is a douche. Don't waste your mental energy trying to figure it out, you probably won't be able to. At the end of the day, he is not putting any effort into showing you he is interest so move your attention to a man that deserves it. :)

• Like 1