Cannot take it to the next level

You should tell him that you are attracted to him but that you understand him not wanting to jeopardize the friendship and see what he does with THAT.

• Like 1
Versacehottie
I think am too scared that he might reject me :(

Well think of how bad you will feel if he starts dating or gets serious with some other girl and you miss your chance. Speaking up for what you want is empowering and sexy--even if sometimes you don't get what you think you want. You grow from it. Gain confidence. It's WAAAAAYYYY better than regret.

• Like 1
  • Author

He hasn't been in touch since this happened(neither text and dropped by my house). What does this mean? It's been three weeks that I had talked to him. Should I just forget him and assume that it happened by accident?

Edited by tawnyap

Send him a simple text: "I miss you." If that's how you really feel, tell him. Don't let yourself think that how you feel isn't important enough to bring up to him yourself. Put it out there and see what he says/does.

• Like 1
Versacehottie
Send him a simple text: "I miss you." If that's how you really feel, tell him. Don't let yourself think that how you feel isn't important enough to bring up to him yourself. Put it out there and see what he says/does.

I agree with some version of this. You shouldn't let it get weird. Or not participate in what you've at least had up until this point. Don't be so passive. Have some confidence and make it a little easy for him at least to start talking again. Plus if you leave it alone and then when he contacts you, you jump through his hoops because you're excited you lose a little of his respect. Good luck. Just reach out. At least re-establish communication. Know it might be a little awkward at first, but you have confidence to make it smoother. Then when you can tell he is feeling more comfortable, less awkward and in a good mood, bring up what how you feel about him.

• Author

I've never messaged him/called him in the past. If I end up messaging now, calling him up wouldn't I look like am too clingy or something?

Versacehottie
I've never messaged him/called him in the past. If I end up messaging now, calling him up wouldn't I look like am too clingy or something?

I think you've been a partner in your friendship. If things aren't the way things usually have been (him stopping by) then reach out if even just as a friend, is totally normal. Maybe you should start there and try to read what is really going on with him once you see him. I think he's embarrassed because you rejected him. If you care about him as a friend and care about your friendship and don't want things to be weird or non-existant between you, friends reach out to one another when something's amiss--even if one has usually been more dominant. don't BE clingy. Be confident, state the obvious. Hey, I haven't seen or heard from you in a while. I was thinking about you today. How's it going? Or about something that has come up while you hang out (something about a band, an inside joke, etc). Small short text.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I posted this question sometime back about my friend. I'm so glad that my friend is back and we are in good talking terms with each other. But I didn't bring up the incident that happened few days back, because I wanted to give it some time in order for us to get back to normal.

The last few times he met me, he was the same I did not see any difference in his behavior. He was touching me again, that too a lot. I'm happy for a second but at the same time not too happy as I still don't understand if he really likes me or not. When he is able to touch me so many times especially after what happened last time, why can't he admit that he likes me? May be he doesn't like me but just trying to hook up?

Versacehottie
I posted this question sometime back about my friend. I'm so glad that my friend is back and we are in good talking terms with each other. But I didn't bring up the incident that happened few days back, because I wanted to give it some time in order for us to get back to normal.

The last few times he met me, he was the same I did not see any difference in his behavior. He was touching me again, that too a lot. I'm happy for a second but at the same time not too happy as I still don't understand if he really likes me or not. When he is able to touch me so many times especially after what happened last time, why can't he admit that he likes me? May be he doesn't like me but just trying to hook up?

Life with regrets if the worst kind. So take the chance by saying something. He was bold enough to take a chance before (which what you did was rejection to him). So he could be trying to hook up but i think it's more likely that he actually likes you. Just say this:

Listen, I know a few weeks ago something almost happened between us and how I reacted made it seem like I wasn't interested. That's not exactly correct. I am interested in dating you but am just a little cautious about messing up our friendship. I don't just hook up with people. I'd be interested in seeing what it would be like dating each other.

Just do it. He is probably not going to try again for a really long time after your rejection. All sorts of things happen (good and BAD) with the passage of time. You would want to say this sooner rather than later.