2 exes...picks one over the other

ok my boyfriend and I broke up recently, and we have been pretty good friends, before he started seeing me he saw this Tasha girl.

Well when we broke up, i cried, and I actually cut myself. I got over it in time, and I wanted to stay friends with him, and we agreed to stay friends. Well now he likes Tasha again, and Tasha told him to pick between me or her.

He picked her. And now hes talking all this stuff about me! What did I do to deserve all this crap? I didnt talk to him today in school, and I avoided him every chance I got. Its so hard, cuz I wanted us to stay friends. I think its selfish of Tasha to tell him to pick between us, I mean we both have a right to talk to him. And now that right is taken away from me!

Im not gonna fight for him anymore, I did way to much to try to get him back, and I know I just cant! Im ok the whole day until I see him, then all the memories come flooding back, and hes making me feel like crap! What do i do? I know he moved on and I should, but how? Its so hard

Marshbear

You don't have a choice. He picked her. You should realize that very few people can remain friends after a break-up. The new women didn't want you around and made him choose. It is one of life's experiences. You can deal with it because what else can you do. I would stay away from both of them as much as possible. Practice "no contact" and over time you should be better able to handle it.

Find someone who appreciates you when you get over him. But don't just jump into another relationship to make him mad or jealous. Take you time and get over this before you leap forward. I would talk to someone about the cutting thing. Your mom; a doctor. Someone who will listen to you and can tell you why you are doing this to yourself. It is not healthy.

I wish you the best...

Artscrafter

If I had a dollar for every post I've read here that went something like, "he broke up with me but I still like him, how do I move on, I know I should but it's hard and he still seems so nice..." I could... Well, probably buy a tank of gas, at least. It's people who say this who leave themselves open to being exploited by manipulative exes.

It's often been said that women can get extremely attached in relationships. Their nurturing nature also leads them to consider every problem in a relationship, up to and including having broken up, as something they can fix or "make better" given enough time and effort. I know that's not much in the way of advice on how to make it easier to move on, but sometimes understanding the nature of your behavior and emotions is the key to changing them.

As for the specifics of your situation, don't feel too bad about it. Tasha made him choose between you and her because she is jealous and insecure, which isn't your fault. And when forced to choose between the girl a guy is dating and the girl who's just his friend, he will tend to go with the one he's dating. This isn't your fault either. As for talking crap about you, either he's just being a jerk or he's feeding off cues from Tasha again. I wouldn't take it personally.

I agree with Marshbear on this. You need to make a clean break from him. It's hard enough remaining friends with your ex-boyfriend without his current girlfriend forbidding contact.

BrotherAaron

My ex and I broke up not too long ago, and she started seeing somebody new. If we were ever going to get back together (in the longrun), she wouldn't even be able to consider talking to the guy she's seeing now. The moment I found out she was, she'd be caput.

But, then... she's already caput, and I'm in no mood to ever have her back.