my boyfriend left me after 6 1/2 years

First off, I been with my boyfriend 6 years or should I day ex boyfriend. He was cheating on me the whole relationship. I forgave I forgave I forgave he have left numerous time because of other women, Not only was he dealing with other women, but cocaine too. I was treated very bad. I stayed I was verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused. But I still loved him why I don't know. I just know I'm in so much pain, and I just needed to tell my story. I plan on going NC all the way. I will not contact at all. I think he have someone else again the same person or different. He say the reason he leaving he has had enough of me not trusting him,he need the relationship to be all about him and he don't want to be in a relationship no more. Said we r done and he want call or look back again. I know I was stupid, but i need some serious truthful advice, I don't know how im going to deal with this. I been loyal and faithful the whole relationship

Edited by shapp
correct spelling

I understand how you feel.

My GF of 6.5 years cheated and dumped me too for someone else. No matter how bad they were and treated us, I know, it's hard to let go.

But, that's the only thing you need to do. Letting go is never easy and I won't lie to you: I am going through hell as well. However, I know I don't have a choice.

I hope you can stick with NC and move on. I really do.

pillowpuffs

Hi. My ex-bf of 6 years cheated and dumped me for someone else just a month ago. Like you, I was good and honest to him all of the relationship despite him being half-hearted and only giving me 30% of himself when I was putting in 100%. The pain is real. It is a real struggle to cope everyday because you miss the person and after all you've gone through, you have hoped and wished for a different outcome.

From what you've said, he sounds horrible. I am so sorry he has put you through all of this for so many years and I'm sorry he is the one who is leaving as if you've been at fault. I hope you know you don't deserve that sort of treatment at all. Also, I don't think you're stupid. I think sometimes you can just love someone without reason and I think people can be really convincing and can blind us and because of our goodness, we trust and believe when we shouldn't.

I hope you will be okay soon and I am sure you will find strength to pull through. NC all the way is the way to go. Take care.

• Author

Thank u so much for that post. I needed to hear that. The sad part is he have left so many times, and I always take him back. I'm not going to do it this time. I will accept my lost, I mean his lost. Praying for continue strength.

he need the relationship to be all about him

He's shown you what a bastard he is for 6 years and you wouldn't believe him, even when he told you that all he was is basically a poor narcissist. Just stick to NC, don't fall for his BS anymore and consider this a lesson you had to learn.

Wow, what a jerk this guy is, and the kicker is his disgust for you not trusting him!!

I understand how it feels to be left by a man who should have been thanking his lucky stars to have you. You put up with so much, you're so good to him, yet YOU are the one getting dumped??! When you know it's someone YOU should have dumped a while ago, and they cast YOU aside like they can get better, that has an extra sting to it that's hard to shake. It's so unsettling not because he was such a prize, but because, well, THE NERVE!

Stay far, far away and don't even THINK about taking him back again. You deserve so much better!!

• Like 1
  • Author

Its been really tough, I can't stop crying, and I know I'm wasting tears over somebody who didn't give two blanks about me, always compared me to the same female he cheated on me with, he talked down on me constantly. I had never felt so abused. Thanks for yall post, it made feel ok. I'm going come out on top tho time. What goes around comes around. Thanks again.

It's good to cry it out. You really do need to properly grieve, so those tears aren't exactly being wasted.

You will indeed come out on top. I wish you luck!!

endlessabyss

Seems like you love yourself some "bad boys".

Maybe this will be a lesson for the next time.

Cheers :)

• Like 1
foolinlove79

My bf broke up with me numerous times during our 6 year rs. I think we really need to look at why we are accepting of such crappy treatment. There are a lot of people who have enough love for themselves that they would tell them to take a hike...i am a few months after bu and want to tell you it does get better. I am even getting to the point where i think i am better off without him and happier without all the drama and pain.

• Author

Thank all of you for your response. I don't see alot of things clear right now, but I have to believe it will get better. I have learned quite a few lessons. 1. Never let anyone treat u like you r trash. 2. Find self worth. I am somebody. God created me , that's pretty special. Its tough though I gave 90 percent he gave 10, wow how did i let this happen. For over 6 years.

thekarmacist

first: get an HIV test immediately.

second: this chump sounds like a real sweetheart; can't figure out what you might have thought was good about him, but, since you are now hurting, stay away from this fool. change your telephone number. post here.

last: so very sorry you've allowed yourself to be mistreated this way by someone clearly unworthy of you.

First off, I been with my boyfriend 6 years or should I day ex boyfriend. He was cheating on me the whole relationship. I forgave I forgave I forgave he have left numerous time because of other women, Not only was he dealing with other women, but cocaine too. I was treated very bad. I stayed I was verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused. But I still loved him why I don't know. I just know I'm in so much pain, and I just needed to tell my story. I plan on going NC all the way. I will not contact at all. I think he have someone else again the same person or different. He say the reason he leaving he has had enough of me not trusting him,he need the relationship to be all about him and he don't want to be in a relationship no more. Said we r done and he want call or look back again. I know I was stupid, but i need some serious truthful advice, I don't know how im going to deal with this. I been loyal and faithful the whole relationship

Shapp,

I read your other post. This cocaine has been going on for awhile.

Sadly, I would say he is an addict.

That being the case---NOTHING ABOUT THIS IS YOU...

With drugs like cocaine, other women/men come with it.

The drug is his actual mistress.

Run fast.

You cannot help him. He has to fix himself.

Although to you this appears to be a relationship issue, I would say the drug problem needs addressed before he could have any relationship but cocaine and the things that come with it.

You sound like a very caring person. Time for you to find someone to enjoy the love you so obviously have to give.

Please take care of yourself.

Thank u so much for that post. I needed to hear that. The sad part is he have left so many times, and I always take him back. I'm not going to do it this time. I will accept my lost, I mean his lost. Praying for continue strength.

Shapp,

I am sorry you are hurting.

It is his loss....

Hope you are doing better.

Please take care of yourself.

• Author

Thanks so much for your kind words. Today is a difficult day, I am so stressed and heart feel heavy. I am GOD to help me with this, whatever I have in mu heart for him take it away. Its causing too much pain. I'm tired of having love for someone who cares nothin about me. I want these feelings gone so o can be free.

I'm so sorry you are hurting so much.

To be honest it sounds to me like he was treating you pretty badly.

You sound like a caring and wonderful person.

You sound like you have a good heart.

You might not be thinking too clearly, especially if you were feeling a bit abused.

Do you have anyone in real life to talk to? Sister? Friend?

I'm so sorry you are having a hard time right now. You refer to god, try reading some lovely bible quotes about taking rest in the lord and restoration/hope

Big, big virtual hug