(Online) General Tips upon 1st

unagedtiger

unagedtiger

Still active online and meeting ladies there.

I've heard some folks say that it doesn't really matter what you text or how much you text or receive until you meet for the first time right?

Set to meet up with this lady in 1.5 weeks. So far I initiated and texted a day after the last talk. Planning on being silent until time to meet up. But still it shouldn't matter.

After the 1st meet up then texting or call starts to matter, right?

I mean as long as neither side is gong bat-s!!! crazy and texting like clingy?

(Happy Inde Day! Yet dating drama doesn't take a break on holidays.)

fitnessfan365

To be honest, 1 1/2 weeks is pretty far out. A good goal IMO is to try and set the first meet/date for 1-3 days out if possible. That way you find out if she's worth pursuing in person ASAP. Plus, the longer you wait to meet, the more pressure you might put on yourself. Or she could wind up meeting with multiple guys in the mean time and decide on one of them.

Now usually I'd agree to go no contact after plans are made. But that's because I set it up quickly. If a girl doesn't hear word one from you for ten days, she'll probably write you off. So start off by giving her a quick call Tues or Wed. Make small talk, ask her how her 4th was, etc.. Doesn't have to be a long call (10-15 mins is fine). But it will at least make an impression. Then shoot her a text 2-3 days before the date just to touch base and re-confirm plans. You'll still be giving her plenty of space and not getting overly invested. But at least she won't write you off due to lack of interest. Girls tend to have pretty short attention spans.

I agree that the date is far out, so there is no reason not to text in the meantime, but truthfully, if you have nothing interesting to say (which is the case with most people) aside from "Hi how's ur day?" then it really is pointless. She won't forget about you.

If she does, it's because she had a date with someone else sooner.

• Author
unagedtiger

thanks for your insight.

this weekend being holiday we both already had plans so set it to next weekend instead.

I'll carry out your recommendation!!

Honestly, I feel if a guy is not going to be really romantic with me in his text, then he doesn't really need to bother. That's just me though, I don't like texting, I find it to be a nuisance, even annoying, unless it's making me feel something. Then I like it. A lot.

• Author
unagedtiger

should have said next weekend instead haha.

1.5 week from last wed.

thanks again!

should have said next weekend instead haha.

1.5 week from last wed.

thanks again!

Next weekend is fine, especially since you did ask about this weekend.

PhillyGuy4046
thanks for your insight.

this weekend being holiday we both already had plans so set it to next weekend instead.

I'll carry out your recommendation!!

I hate when holidays get in the way of the momentum of talking to someone new online

fitnessfan365
Honestly, I feel if a guy is not going to be really romantic with me in his text, then he doesn't really need to bother.

It's one thing if it was a real life approach. Then at least you've met and interacted a little in person. So flirting a bit more is fine.

But if it's an online pick up, it's silly to try and be "romantic" IMO. After all, you haven't interacted in person whatsoever and that's when romance happens. Plus I think it comes off like you have no standards if you act invested in a complete stranger.

It's one thing if it was a real life approach. Then at least you've met and interacted a little in person. So flirting a bit more is fine.

But if it's an online pick up, it's silly to try and be "romantic" IMO. After all, you haven't interacted in person whatsoever and that's when romance happens. Plus I think it comes off like you have no standards if you act invested in a complete stranger.

I agree that this is practical and wouldn't expect it. I was just saying that the texting before meeting can easily become annoying because you aren't really saying anything to build a connection. If I've given a guy my number (which I don't do easily at all) then it means I'm attracted to his look at the very least, and I wouldn't be turned off if he said something romantic. Again, it's not something I'd expect though. It'd be more like a pleasant surprise.