No idea which direction to go after "break up"

Hopelessromantic09

I was seeing this guys for two years. At first I didn't take him very seriously because I just didn't see him as someone I seriously wanted to be with. As time passed, I started to develop real feelings for him.

We had a big argument recently and he retaliated by disrespecting me in front of a bunch of ppl. He has a huge ego so he tried to make himself look cool in front of others. Basically he tried to make it seem like I'm obsessed with him and that it's not reciprocated on his end. I told him that I don't want to be with him ever and that I never will. I told him he should get over it and that he is mediocre at best and basically he's a liar and a loser. I told him that I'm going to pretend that he doesn't exist at all and that I never want him to speak to me again.

Since then I've seen him out and about. At first he didn't say anything to me he'd just stare. Then he started to be polite to me and make conversation as if nothing ever happened. I didn't respond because I feel like nothing was resolved. I've seen him a few days in a row actually since then and every time we cross paths he's made some attempt to talk to me. I saw him one night purposely cross paths with me but I ignored him as if I didn't see him. Every time he talks to me I say nothing like literally zero words and yet he still tries over and over. Once he was walking behind me singing a song that he made up for me and he saw me trying to hold my laughter so we both started hysterically laughing. After that I still continue to ignore him. One attempt he saw me coming his way and sat down and waited for me but I only walked past him. He stares at me whenever I'm around and tries anything to get me to talk to him. The last attempt I could tell he was hurt after I ignored him because he just looked kinda upset and would stare at me a lot.

I'm so hurt and idk how to handle it. I ignore him because idk what to say and I feel like if we just go back to eachother without addressing anything then it won't get any better. Why is he ignoring the fact that we had this big argument? Why is he making desperate attempts to get my attention and get me to talk to him?? I ignore him because I actually really do want to be with him. He's the first guy I can say I do love in some way. I just do not want my heartbroken. I want to make it official but I feel like we need to talk. I find it strange that I told him never to talk to me and yet he does the next time I see him as if I never said that. He seems different than a year ago when we were hanging out with no true intentions towards each other. Before I'd tell him that I don't want to talk to him in that way and he wouldn't care and would ignore me for months. Now it's so weird because he doesn't leave me alone when I tell him to....

Like I said before I never wanted anything with him because I just didn't see myself with him. I got to know him an I fell for him. I just don't know how he feels. I mean he said that he doesn't want to be with me and I also said that to him but I didn't mean it at all..... We were both hurt and said mean things. The main thing that's confusing me is that after I said those things to him he keeps trying to talk to me. He DESPERATLY tries to get my attention. I feel so mean for ignoring him but I feel like I'm an idiot if I just talk to him ughhhh idk how I feel I'm so confused

Space Ritual
We had a big argument recently and he retaliated by disrespecting me in front of a bunch of ppl. He has a huge ego so he tried to make himself look cool in front of others. Basically he tried to make it seem like I'm obsessed with him and that it's not reciprocated on his end.

And THAT right there is the passage you need to refer to every time you feel bad about ignoring him...

This guy showed his colors....please do yourself a favor and stay the course by ignoring him. Yeah it may hurt right now but you will be better off I promise!

• Like 2
  • Author
Hopelessromantic09
And THAT right there is the passage you need to refer to every time you feel bad about ignoring him...

This guy showed his colors....please do yourself a favor and stay the course by ignoring him. Yeah it may hurt right now but you will be better off I promise!

That's exactly how I feel when he tries over and over like I'm not trying to force the guy to apologize but cmon

The whole thing is childish on both sides. If you are going to get back together you need to talk, not have him follow you around & you try to ignore him by playing hard to get

Next time you see him point blank say we either need to talk or you need to just go away.

• Like 3
  • Author
Hopelessromantic09
The whole thing is childish on both sides. If you are going to get back together you need to talk, not have him follow you around & you try to ignore him by playing hard to get

Next time you see him point blank say we either need to talk or you need to just go away.

Totally agree ????

I think you both are just too hard pressed to admit defeat. Not sure why you wasted 2 years on someone you kinda liked, or loved them in a sort of way....seriously? This guy is a tool. It's no wonder you didn't see him with any potential....what, you thought he would change?? Become someone you would prefer to be with??

Ignore him and go NC so you can build some self worth.

I disagree that what you are doing is childish. You teach people how to treat you. Right now you are teaching him to never disrespect you like that again. Fair enough. If/When you are ready, say hello and walk on by. That will break the ice. There are some mistakes that cant be forgiven. Is this one of them? If not keep ignoring, if so, do it at your own pace.

From another hopeless romantic

Edited by 66Charger