Girl on Okcupid just wants to meet new friends. Normal?

VedderisBetter

VedderisBetter

I recently started chatting with a girl from Okcupid who has a twin sister. She claims she just wants friends for her and her twin sister since their friends are married or not in town much. I asked her if she wanted to do something not this weekend but the next. She responded by saying that it sounds fun as long as her twin can come along with her. I suggested bowling or Kings Island and she said bowling sounds fun. She then asked if I like nature walks. Should I be worried about a nature walk with these two girls? They seem normal and nice but who knows.

I recently started chatting with a girl from Okcupid who has a twin sister. She claims she just wants friends for her and her twin sister since their friends are married or not in town much. I asked her if she wanted to do something not this weekend but the next. She responded by saying that it sounds fun as long as her twin can come along with her. I suggested bowling or Kings Island and she said bowling sounds fun. She then asked if I like nature walks. Should I be worried about a nature walk with these two girls? They seem normal and nice but who knows.

Kings Island! Great park. I'm from Beavercreek

If you're not looking for a friend, and from what I can tell you're not, do not go out with her/them. Don't lie to yourself, if you're looking for a romantic relationship with her this is not going to work.

I would straight up tell her that you're not interested in friendship. If she stops talking to you she was never worth your time in the first place.

Edited by Jame22

If this is your first time meeting then she is bringing her sis along to check you out, and because it's safe. Hey who knows maybe the sis might like you.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1
Friends = casual sex.

I though casual sex = casual sex? I believe there is an option for that on okc in 'what you're looking for.'

I always assumed 'new friends' more or less means that they are just being 'psychologically cautious' and trying to keep things informal. I mean, if you're on a dating site, you're probably open to a romantic relationship. If I wanted to just make new friends, I wouldn't go to a dating site to do it. I think that option is mainly for women who believe in 'friends first, then see what happens from there.'

So I would disagree with Jame22, and say you shouldn't really be put off by this. She my well still be of romantic interest, so it still may be worth going out with her at least once just to see; can always call things off after that.

A second thing I would bring up: as far as bringing her twin along, it may be a safety measure, but also you should note that twins tend to be extremely close. Especially if they are identical twins. They sometimes do almost everything together. So it maybe for her, making sure you get along with her twin is a perquisite to going further. It may seem odd, but from what I've gathered about twins, they tend to be far more inseparable than other siblings, so it may not be as much of a 'bad sign' as one would suppose if it were just bringing a regular sister or friend along.

And who knows, maybe you'll end up getting to date both of them. Simultaneously ;) How can that not be a fantasy of yours? lol.

fitnessfan365

"New friends" is just another way of saying that she wants to date around, pursue options, and have casual sex while she figures it out. If you're looking for a woman with potential that will be a straight shooter it's better to focus on women that have long term attached to their profile IMO.

Friends = casual sex.

Doubt it. Friends means she wants to meet new people and go fromr there. She may want sex or may not. Sheesh..

I would never meet up for the first time with anyone from OLD in any place that wasn't public. Don't put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation by going into the woods or private setting ever.

• Like 1

Dating sites are not for making new friends. Anyone on there looking for friends are thinking possible fwb.

If you want to make friends you get yourself on meet-up groups or one of those sport sites and do sports with a bunch of people.

People looking for "just friends" on a dating site are in serious denial. I would steer clear. I don't even think its about FWB, it just sounds weird IMO.

• Author
VedderisBetter

yes this girl is a virgin so I doubt she wants sex. If I do meet her and her sister, I would rather it be bowling not the woods. I can see the headline now: "Man is killed in the woods and his wallet is not on his person." lololol The man being killed being me obviously lol.

• Like 1
People looking for "just friends" on a dating site are in serious denial. I would steer clear. I don't even think its about FWB, it just sounds weird IMO.

Its one of 4 possible settings on OK Cupid, so it can't be that weird/unusual. I see loads of people with that setting.

I think it's for people looking for casual but dont want to select 'casual sex' as makes them sound slutty.

• Like 2

Yes, there are people on OKC and I think POF, who are looking for platonic friends. There is an option to select what you are looking for and "Friends" is an option, as is "Casual dating". Friends and casual dating are two different things. Friends means platonic, casual dating means FWB or booty call. If someone says they just want friends on the dating site, then you should assume that they mean platonic, rather than FWB or for real dating.

HOWEVER....

I don't think it's a good idea to meet ANYONE from the internet in an isolated location. That is how people get murdered, and yes, it has happened to men, as well. Go somewhere in public and do not get into the car with them or travel to any location where others are not around. Her sister does not count, but your sister might.

• Like 1
Its one of 4 possible settings on OK Cupid, so it can't be that weird/unusual. I see loads of people with that setting.

I think it's for people looking for casual but dont want to select 'casual sex' as makes them sound slutty.

Ding ding ding! Women on here will deny it also, but no Woman who wants to get pounded is going to come right out and say it (unless you're already boning each other).

They like to work with subtlety... Go out for drinks for a quick "mini-date" and then they just "happened" to end up at your place... Or they invite you over to "watch a movie"... etc. Women don't like to be made to feel like a slut, and they don't like to feel used. If some guy can charm her panties off she can just say that she really felt things were right with him.

• Like 1