She Didn't text back but she gave me her phone number?

Simpleoldschool

Simpleoldschool

I have an interlining curiosity about why these things seem to happen - I , as I assume most, feel a certain level of perplexity when a women give's you all of the sign's pertaining to her interest in you and her body language is best translated as " I like you, lets talk" , proceeds to give you her phone number LATER(Important word , because it means you kept her interest and she would like to talk again) but then when you text or call her , her interest flat-lined at some point and you can tell because...well, she never replied. From exceptionally memorable to tomorrows garbage, Here's my story:

I went speed dating this week , after moving from seat to seat from my perspective I had the opportunity to talk to a girl for about 3 minutes who absolutely wanted me in that seat. She had a bright smile, touched me once I sat down on the knee and said something along the line's of "finally I get to talk to you" . To me that meant she obviously must of had her eye on me and was waiting for me to basically sell myself to her in three minutes. she touched me AGAIN on the arm leaning towards me and the buzzer went off.

At this point whatever part of my looks won her over was only half the battle and I knew the other 50% of her remaining interest relied on my keeping it, and not screwing it up through bad conversation. She was the only girl I was actually attracted to and interested in the whole night (sounds so desperate but if you consider I didn't jump at the first women, and the other 12-15 its really not.)

I usually plan what I'm going to say in advance , I also plan on what the other person is going to say in response and have my next statement, question, joke or what-have-it ready for the followthrough except with her the conversation was completely NATURAL with sexual attraction - and that's chemistry so i knew we made a connection and the whole bull**** about being polite wasn't much a part of what was happening. So, in my mind the only girl i was attracted to that night was showing signs of attraction. I kept her attraction and We had an outstanding three minute conversation and here's how I know this, all sign's considered.

We all wore number tag's since we were not allowed to tell each other our names (exceptionally dumb but I get internet stalking is retarded and to protect other people it has to be done.) I was wearing a cardigan, so my sweater was blocking her view of my tag number that was underneath the cardigan, how do I know? Well, she gently moved it before the time-elapsed , looked down and wrote my tag number number on a piece of paper, looked back up at me blushing and giggled and then said she really - restated REALLY ( I've come to hate the word after this experience) enjoyed talking to me.

The process of getting back into contact with someone after the speed date, involves You having to write down the number of the people you are interested in so you can later, give them your phone number or rather go pick up their phone number on a piece of paper that had your tag number on it if they gave it to you (which she did). Flat-out, she was flirting and giving me the green light to take advantage of the number she gave me, right - No, but I'll get to that later.

After talking to me she even left the room and no one else talked to her. I thought she , in spite of her actions found something of what she was looking for and didn't care to talk to anyone else. I came to that conclusion when she came back to write her number down and then left.

So a couple of hours later, i texted her and it felt good because I felt like the girl i had chemistry with was someone i hit it off with. I thought there was going to be more good conversation to follow. I simply texted her " Hey [HER NAME] is this the girl i talked to about so and so tonight". I knew our conversation was unique because she also mentioned that while we were having our conversation. I thought i slam dunked this conversation and my opening line in a text-message the same way shaq or michael would a ball on the court.

I waited, i Didn't receive an immediate response after lets say... 30 minutes so i took the liberty to break a rule to text again and mention who i was with a dumb ass emoticon *smiles*. It's been a day without any response so all sign's considered now I'm drawing the conclusion that if i texted " Yo wha7s u0 gurlll, we tlk good toghether let me buy you a drink sometime im the sexy d0000de u talked too tonight" she would have responded.

I am stuck as to why this routinely happens. I am Very good-looking, My resume would be a better read than the newspaper, I'm built muscularly, I exhibit and exude self-confidence but not arrogance am very easy to talk to, I know that i know how to talk to women, i avoid being a creep by understanding creepy behavior and at all costs avoid comming off as rude and this is why i have success with getting womens numbers but they ALWAYS BACK OUT. W....T.....F

I may seem maligned however, This regularly happens and its getting on my nerve's. Should i send a text later tonight something along the lines of " Hey, I'm not sure you remember but I talked to you about [blank blank blank] during Our speed date last night and wanted to see how your doing? I was [ Self-description without being overly wordy] or should i chalk it up to i had my ass hauled off by some serious meta-trolling?

Never say "Not sure if you remember me" to a girl...

Your text messages were bad but at this point you aren't going to get anywhere by sending her more text messages..

I would say as a Hail Marry pass just try to give her a phone call.... if you get her voicemail, leave a message and leave it at that. Even if she is scared to talk on the phone by leaving a confident voicemail you might get her attention and she may text you back and say "sorry for missing the call"..

• Author
Simpleoldschool

Well, that might be true that my text messages were bad but I do better in person - either way I tread lightly because I've been messed over. Last thing I need to do is have some chic saying I'm harassing her or mistake a comment i made. Hard to be succinct or meaningful however when you can only write a two sentence opener.

when it comes down to the stuff I write, I get very antsy about how much room I'm willing to budge and what I'm willing to say because words bearing legal effect can get your butt in trouble. Even innocent comments can be Blown up in court.

I'll give her a phone call and I get the voicemail I'll leave a voicemail - Any suggestion's ? If she doesn't respond back its no sweat I'm just interested in trying a little harder for what could be something. Rejections part of the game but I have a pretty solid bank account because of it =]

You could try saying "hey, it is XXX from speed dating.... Enjoyed chatting with you the other night and was hoping to take you out for a drink to continue our conversation.. you can call me at xxxx"...

Something short and simple.. don't be like "oh, I texted you but I didn't hear back... so,.. I am not sure if you didn't get my text or what happened so I wanted to ....".... don't do that...

• Author
Simpleoldschool
You could try saying "hey, it is XXX from speed dating.... Enjoyed chatting with you the other night and was hoping to take you out for a drink to continue our conversation.. you can call me at xxxx"...

Something short and simple.. don't be like "oh, I texted you but I didn't hear back... so,.. I am not sure if you didn't get my text or what happened so I wanted to ....".... don't do that...

Word, Best of luck type of stuff right?