She wants to take things slowly

quanmap612

I met a girl about 9 months ago. After the first 3 months, I started to like her and confessed on Valentine's Day. She said that she wanted how things went before a serious relationship. She assured, :" what will be will be?" At first, I agreed to it. During the next six months, we had many fun time with each other like hanging out and texting very late at night...therefore, I asked her again about relationship status. However, she still wants the same thing, which is TAKING THINGS SLOWLY,. She tells me not to worry too much about anything because she thinks:" what will be will be!" And she wants to make sure that this relationship wont fail again. She wants to start out as friends and sees how the relationship develops into... She feels that it's developing, and she values this relationship very much... The reason why she wants me to wait is because she doesn't want to get hurt again after the first love fail... I don't know what to do now.... I ask people around, and they all say that she is just taking you for granted, and I should move on... Also, I asked her best friend, and her bestie also says that we are just friends for right now... What makes me go crazy is that I can feel the love in her eyes and the way she looks at me which is very unique. She also shows signs of interest by touching in a cute way whenever I pretend not to look at her. She tends to care about me whenever I have something not good. On the other hand, she sometimes wants to spend time with me, and sometimes she doesn't... I am an honest person, so I ask her directly whether she just takes me for granted... She answers :" If I want to take it for granted, I ditch You a long time ago." Moreover, I say that I can wait, but she tells that I don't need to. I do mention about moving on to her; her face expression shows that she doesn't want to lose me at all... What should I do now? Should I wait or move on? Does she really want me to take it to the next level or just friends?

TaraMaiden2

Why is she having it all her own way?

So far you've done everything she wants, and she's called the shots.

You need to put it to her that a relationship is an equal partnership; couples do things for EACH OTHER.

One person does not make demands and expect the other to go along with it, with no clear-cut idea of what the conditions are.

I would talk to her and mention the above.

Ask her why you have to wait; it's been a while now, and nothing has changed.

What does she intend to do about it, and when?

because for all the love and attention she is giving you, she may as well buy a puppy.

• Like 1
AGoodFriend

I think what she is saying is valid. She wants to take it slow because she views you as a potential long-term partner.

However, you need to be sure that she is not out dating on the side. She may want to hold on to you, but get her sexual needs met in other places until she's ready to settle down. Both men and women do this.

I would double check and make sure that she is not out there doing other things.