HealthClub

I've noticed a couple of other questions on here recently about meeting people in health clubs, so I thought I would try to ask you all what you thought.

There's this lifeguard that works at the pool at my healthclub. Nobody is ever in the pool, ever. She's always in there, alone, and I think she's absolutely beautiful, and would like to see what kind of person she is. I've gone for a swim a couple of times while she was in there, and I make offhand comments, like "a little bored in here?", or when I leave, I wave bye. She's usualy reading something, I think she's a college student, it's usually a textbook. I certainly don't know if I like her or not, but would like to find out. Any suggestions on how I can maybe grt to know her better/find out if she's alreadt with someone?

Best way is just to ask her. See if you can find out when she gets off duty or takes a break and just happen to be there around that time.

Lifeguards are reluctant to get in long conversations if people are in the water. But, if nobody's in the pool, there's nothing wrong with walking up to her and starting a conversation. You could start by asking her what sort of books she likes to read (since you say she reads books while on duty)...then ask her if she's in school...if so, where and what she is studying...if not, if she has another job as well.

Once you get those in, you can go from there. If she's friendly and interested, you'll be able to tell that. If not, her answers will be brief. That will be your hint to move on...but don't even let that get you down. She'll be impressed that you take hints and don't make a pest of yourself and the next time you see her it's likely she'll start the conversation.

If she rejects you, you won't have to go far to drown yourself. Of course, that would never happen because she would be duty bound to save you. (LOL)