Reverse paternity fraud?

mammasita

Not a case of a woman pretending that the man is the father, but the man knowing full well that he is NOT the biological father went ahead and signed the birth certificate.

He had to falsify the affidavit at the hospital acknowledging that he is the birth father in order to do that, right?

Would you do anything or just let their effed up lives play out.....I mean I'm just worried about that poor child :(

Not a case of a woman pretending that the man is the father, but the man knowing full well that he is NOT the biological father went ahead and signed the birth certificate.

He had to falsify the affidavit at the hospital acknowledging that he is the birth father in order to do that, right?

Would you do anything or just let their effed up lives play out.....I mean I'm just worried about that poor child :(

What was the reason for it, background, etc.? That would have an effect on what to do.

Also do you know there was there no adoption in place?

• Author
What was the reason for it, background, etc.? That would have an effect on what to do.

Also do you know there was there no adoption in place?

The reason? Impulsive behavior and trying to prove something I suppose. Definitely no adoption, they've only been dating a few months. It's insane.

since you didnt say if they are married or the former genetic dad is lost at sea... it behooves me to say... without either person here to speak their sides... we are left with a mystery!

• Author
since you didnt say if they are married or the former genetic dad is lost at sea... it behooves me to say... without either person here to speak their sides... we are left with a mystery!

Yeah it's a mess. They aren't married and I'm pretty sure the bio dad is gone....may or may not be aware that he has a kid.

ultimately it just doesn't seem fair to the baby....sure it's great he wants to be daddy but he can adopt eventually and not forge documents.

The baby IMO has been kind of denied the right to research where she came from. The baby's been given this mans last name, they're not married and he's not the bio father. The mom is an idiot too.

A bunch of ****ery. Probably should mind my business lol

It sounds to me kinda sorta like a sperm donor story almost. ...and in that case a man who is willing to take the job - is the dad. In the united states anonymous donors are allowed. If they were married, for sure the kids his no matter the sperm source.

Any child is lucky to have parents who want to be parents.

Edited by dichotomy
autumnnight

It may be weird, but unless I am the mom, the dad, or the fake dad, it really isn't my business.

• Like 3

It does sound like a rather hasty decision considering that they have only been dating a few months but if the guy is serious about raising the kid as his own and committed to being his father then I don't see the problem. How is it harmful to the baby to have someone in his/her life who wants to be their dad?

• Like 3
Katastr0ph1k
It does sound like a rather hasty decision considering that they have only been dating a few months but if the guy is serious about raising the kid as his own and committed to being his father then I don't see the problem. How is it harmful to the baby to have someone in his/her life who wants to be their dad?

The only harm I see in any of this, aside from the potential implosion for other reasons, is the genetic connection. The baby potentially has no family medical history to speak of, which can cause issues later in life. But then again, there are millions of others in the same predicament for a variety of reasons. So, putting that aside, if the man wants to be the child's father, then that's his and the mothers business. The bio-dad may have been a one-night-stand for all we know. At least the child, for right now, has a father in their life.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Clarence_Boddicker

Birth certificates are BS in my opinion for IDing the father. I believe that they should be default marked: Unknown, until a DNA test is done on the person claiming to be the father.

• Like 2
Yeah it's a mess. They aren't married and I'm pretty sure the bio dad is gone....may or may not be aware that he has a kid.

ultimately it just doesn't seem fair to the baby....sure it's great he wants to be daddy but he can adopt eventually and not forge documents.

The baby IMO has been kind of denied the right to research where she came from. The baby's been given this mans last name, they're not married and he's not the bio father. The mom is an idiot too.

A bunch of ****ery. Probably should mind my business lol

You don't know that. Kids who are adopted are told they were adopted. but they do receive the adoptive parents' name.

Maybe they WILL tell the child the guy is not her bio dad. Surely that is quite a few years in the distance. It's not really "forging" documents.

And great for the child who has someone who is interested in being her dad. Many others don't get that chance.

I mean.. there is a great example here in LS of someone who is raising someone else's kids as their own. Do you think those kids are being deprived of anything?!?!?!