met my ex today and all my progress was destroyed !

itsallnewtome

itsallnewtome

We met a couple days ago so she could hand over the last of my things.

after this meeting there would no longer be any obligation to see each other again , this was the very last of my things she had.

when we spoke we were clearly happy to see each other and catch up, yet sad at the same time. we hadn't spoken in a couple weeks when she had dropped off more of my things. we were smiling a lot at each other. you know when you're talking to someone and just you looking at each other as you speak makes smiles creep up on you ? I still feel such a connection. she looked beautiful, I still desire her a lot.

i had an important meeting an hour before meeting her and she was eager to hear about it , a great opportunity for me. she told me she was proud of me .

she said she'd deleted me off all social media a few days ago (I hadn't noticed, I'd made myself not check up on her online) because it wasn't helping her. she is really trying to get over us.

throughout the conversation we hugged several times , at some points both our voices started to go because of the emotion. we said we missed each other . we talked about how much we missed our sex. (it was i n c r e d i b l e ) I felt such an urge to kiss her , there was still a flame there.

I asked if the painting I spent hours slaving over for her parents is still hung in her house, she hadn't hidden it from her view like I was expecting . she said it reminds her of a good time in her life.

when we had our final hug we looked at each other smiling and laughing sadly about the whole situation. I kissed her cheek and she told me it was good to see me. she turned away to go back into her work and looked back at me for one final time before turning.

such indifference from her a month before our split. and then all these good feelings and missing each other and closeness and eye contact and chemistry.

I was instantly put back at square one

One step forward, two steps back. Healing after a break up is not a linear progression.

Every straw you are grasping at as an indication that she still cares is unfortunately simply an indication that she is a kind nice person. She cared about you at one time & does not enjoy seeing you upset. She listened about your meeting because she genuinely wants you to succeed & be happy, just without her.

Hang in there. This will get better eventually

• Like 2

It sounds like you were projecting your own feelings and perceptions onto her like crazy.....

Really, you saw the meeting one way -- but to her, I'm sure it was quite different.

The trick now is to stick to No Contact and to work on believing that, if she actually *wanted* to be with you, she'd be with you. :(

• Like 1

Seeing someone in person triggers a lot of memories, so I would advise against it. Even looking at a picture of the person can cause more pain that you anticipate. The whole "out of sight, out of mind" saying is true.

• Like 1