My bf wants to do ACID? Anyone done it? What happens? Im freaking out!!!

So my bf just calls me and tells me he wants to take acid today??!!?? WTF???

Now we had previously discussed drugs in our relationship because we have both done them and we are both very experimental and we decided that we only were going to smoke pot because we had done everything else and didn't like it. Well he always said he wanted to try acid and that he wasn't in any hurry but that if the chance came up he would take it...just to do it once and get it out of his system...I never payed any attention to that though because I figured he was just talking smack and he would never do it.

Well surprise surprise..he's 6 hours away from me at school and 3 of his guy friends want to do it so he is going to do it with them tonight. I told him that I don't want to be the girlfriend to hold him back..and that we are still young and that I know we have a bunch of things prior to meeting each other that we want and have to do. I told him I didn't want him to do it..especially because he is so far away and I'm not there if anything happens and because its ACID! I would never touch that stuff!

Anyways I don't know anything about Acid..or what happens to you on it and I was just hoping someone can enlighten me on this subject? Anyone that has done it...What do you feel, what do you think?, what do you see?

I'm really scared for him because he has a lot of hidden demons and anger problems and so do the other guys that he's doing it with. And I heard that on acid if your like that..you can see and think horrible things and have a horrible experience!

I don't know I'm freaking out. I love him, and I know he's young and wants to live his life..but I sometimes wish I didn't have to deal with things like this.

Can anyone tell me about this drug please?

Dont do it. It ****s with your head and you will never see things the same. Be prepared for paranoia, seeing trails, hallucinations. And it always seems like as soon as you start to trip you will want it to end and there is still like 7 more hours left. It lasts a long time. You guys should find new interests besides hanging out and doing drugs together. Please be careful and really reconsider even letting your BF do it.

• Author

I'm not doing it. He's doing it with 3 of his guy friend in an apartment. Ugh I'm so worried. I can't tell him not to do it..hes going to do it anyways...I just want feedback from someone whos done it before..so I can know what he will be dealing with..

If its first time, I dont think he will control himself very well. But i can tell you this. DO NOT give him a rash pf **** before he takes it because if you are not in a happy frame of mind you can have a "bad trip". People harm themselves and flip out when this happens. I would wait until he comes down to yell at him.

• Author

I haven't given him a hard time..I told him I trust him and I asked if there was any way I could change his mind? He said no...so I said just be careful..

The thing that worries me is the anger problems he has and I'm scared for him... :(

blind_otter

Honestly, from someone who has done every drug (excessively) but smack and crack...acid is, to me, less harmful than cocaine or ecstasy.

Actually, researchers are now experimenting on using LSD in addiction recovery/therapy. I know a couple of dudes who, after tripping, stopped doing all drugs. You can have some pretty damn cool insights, into reality, into yourself, the nature of life and relationships and humans and the human experience. I did acid with other drugs. Candy-flipped/trolled...so coming down off ecsatsy sucked when I was still tripping.

I never really hallucinated much. Once on a 3 day acid trip I was laying out behind my friend's beachhouse and saw the sky melt onto the roof and dribble by me in a stream. I giggled a lot. I saw trails. I had bizarre conversations that, when we saw the videotape, was funny. I dunno. If he's around his friends it should be no biggie.

But anyways, it's different for everyone.

blind_otter
Originally posted by alicia24

Dont do it. It ****s with your head and you will never see things the same. Be prepared for paranoia, seeing trails, hallucinations. And it always seems like as soon as you start to trip you will want it to end and there is still like 7 more hours left. It lasts a long time. You guys should find new interests besides hanging out and doing drugs together. Please be careful and really reconsider even letting your BF do it.

How can you "LET" someone do something? He is not your child. He is an independent person.

• Author
You can have some pretty damn cool insights, into reality, into yourself, the nature of life and relationships and humans and the human experience.

I think that is what he is looking for...I'm just still scared for him. I've heard so many rumors..Like a guy that stared into the sun until he went blind.. :rolleyes: I know dumb but it worries me.

blind_otter

Ok. Here's the deal with those rumors.

Drug use does not cause mental illness.

I actually helped teach a class at a forensic mental hospital to the residents about this, helping them understand their own mental illnesses. Many of them experienced a decompensation upon abusing drugs or alcohol, but basically -- if you have a predisposition for developing mental illness, it can stress you out enough that you have your first decompensation, but it doesn't cause perfectly sane people to go crazy. Otherwise I would be in an institution right now. And like tens of thousands of other people would be there with me mumbling to themselves.

• Author
I actually helped teach a class at a forensic mental hospital to the residents about this, helping them understand their own mental illnesses. Many of them experienced a decompensation upon abusing drugs or alcohol, but basically -- if you have a predisposition for developing mental illness, it can stress you out enough that you have your first decompensation, but it doesn't cause perfectly sane people to go crazy. Otherwise I would be in an institution right now. And like tens of thousands of other people would be there with me mumbling to themselves.

So basically normal people that drop LSD remain normal people,

people with schizophrenic tendencies or other psychological disorders get

more ****ed up??

Well then if thats the case I hope he doesn't have any underlying disorders I dont know about!

IhavenoFREAKINclue

I love Acid! My brother has a smurf blanket that has all the smurfs doing something and when i took a hit the blanket started moving and they were actually working! It was a trip! I think its a myth about the effects it has on your mental state (after wards that is) I have don't acid about 15 times and I'm still functionally properly. They also say E does stuff to your spinal cord? If so then i should be paralyzed from the neck down. Experiment. Be young, thats what young people do. Find out for yourself if LSD is for you! So when you get older you can say you tried a hit of acid!

blind_otter

:p

I've done acid about...a lot of times. :laugh: I am crazy. But then again I always was, in a good way...... ;)

Before I got my house I lived in a cool bungalow with 3 other people and I had leopard-print velvet drapes in my bedroom (which my dog has since eaten), and I laid in bed giggling on the phone to my then-boyfriend, who had a hoot and a half about the conversation we were having, and watched the drapery breathe. It was awesome. I wish I could find good acid still, but I wouldn't do paper or geltabs if you paid me, now. Liquid only!

• Author
and I laid in bed giggling on the phone to my then-boyfriend, who had a hoot and a half about the conversation we were having, and watched the drapery breathe.

So do you think if I called him it would be ok...Since I can't be there I would like to be on the phone with him..not the whole time but you know?...would I mess up his trip?

IhavenoFREAKINclue
Originally posted by EC

So do you think if I called him it would be ok...Since I can't be there I would like to be on the phone with him..not the whole time but you know?...would I mess up his trip?

I don't think it would mess anything up, but you have to remember to be the nicest person in the world. Don't say ANYTHING that would make him upset, mad, sad...NOTHING! One wrong word and he can cry for 14 hours!

• Author
I don't think it would mess anything up, but you have to remember to be the nicest person in the world. Don't say ANYTHING that would make him upset, mad, sad...NOTHING! One wrong word and he can cry for 14 hours!

OMG! lol dang..now I dont think talking to him would be a good idea. What if I talk to him and he misses me and it messes up his trip? lol

Honestly, I think you should allow him to call you when he's ready. Things can become seriously miscommunicated when someone is on acid.

IhavenoFREAKINclue
Originally posted by EC

OMG! lol dang..now I dont think talking to him would be a good idea. What if I talk to him and he misses me and it messes up his trip? lol

Yes that will mess up his trip. He has to be around comfortable people and not have any worries. I don't think you should talk to him b/c you don't know what will mess him up. Tell him to have a great time and call you when he's finished.

• Author

Yeah i wasn't going to initiate the call...I was going to wait for him to call me.

I just spoke with someone who has anger problems as well and has been through a lot of things similar to my bf..and he has done acid a couple time and he said that in all honesty Acid was his therapy..he said if it wasn't for acid he wouldn't have understood a lot of things in life and that it really helped him become the man he is today as crazy as that sounds.

So I guess I am more calm now. I called my bf now and told him to be careful..and that at least please call me during it for a couple of minutes so that I know he is ok. He said he would try really hard but that since he has never done this he doesn't know what to expect so he gave me the number of a sober friend thats going to be in the apartment with them just in case, and that I can call him if I start worrying.

Im more calm now. Thank you guys. I still wish he wouldn't do it though.. :o

if you have a predisposition for developing mental illness, it can stress you out enough that you have your first decompensation

That's not a light issue. One of my friends had his first 'decompensation' - straight into schizophrenia thanks to acid. If you have a potential chemical imbalance, it's a no-brainer that adding more chemicals might just tip the balance. If anybody in his family has any disorders, I think he'd be best to not do it. Of course, not that he'd listen or pay attention. I hope he'll be ok.

Originally posted by EC

I don't know I'm freaking out.

If your boyfriend takes acid, he will probably be freaking out, too. Big time.

I love him, and I know he's young and wants to live his life..but I sometimes wish I didn't have to deal with things like this.

You shouldn't have to deal with it. You don't have to, actually.

Can anyone tell me about this drug please?

In few words, very serious stuff, perhaps the most serious stuff of all. It can sometimes change a person forever, even after one time.