Ugly guy can't get friends.

acuriousman99

acuriousman99

I'm an ugly man who's been trying to get friends for a while.

People to hang out with and eat with, see cool stuff, and maybe even go to parties. I've always liked the idea of parties and they sound really cool, I've never been to one.

Not in middle school, high school, college, or anything in between.

I decided to take some advice I found her and initiate the first invite to friends I met. We seemed to like similar things so I got their number and texted them from time to time.

I did some more research and found out people usually go out on the weekends between 11 PM - 1 AM so I text my new friends then.

I had 5 people.

They all said no.

Every weekend I would text them and every weekend they would give me an excuse. It was most likely fake.

They never sent an invite to anything they were doing after that. I waited and waited for them to maybe text maybe but none ever did.

It's so hard being this ugly and trying to get friends. I can feel it everywhere I go. Walking down the street men stare, women don't even bother to look at me. Sometimes groups of them go by and I can hear them laughing about me once they get past.

Every weekend I'm alone and I spend that night walking around. Nobody's alone, they all have tons of friends with them, big groups of them. They're laughing and running around, it makes me so sad and so angry at the same time. I want so badly what they have but I've never had it before because nobody wants to help me with it.

I heard getting a girlfriend can sometimes help with getting hang out friends but women are out of the question. They're much repulsed by me than the men are, which is saying something.

I don't know what to do. I cry a lot and wish so hard I looked different, maybe even just average, that would be a blessing. I just want to have a normal life like everybody else but the world hates everything they see.

What do I do? Please help.

• Author
acuriousman99

I did try recently trying to hang out with some other friends I made.

I decided to take some advice I found her and initiate the first invite to them. We seemed to like similar things so I got their number and texted them from time to time.

I did some more research and found out people usually go out on the weekends between 11 PM - 1 AM so I text my new friends then.

I had 5 people.

They all said no.

Every weekend I would text them and every weekend they would give me an excuse. It was most likely fake.

They never sent an invite to anything they were doing after that. I waited and waited for them to maybe text maybe but none ever did.

Someone who is a real friend will never base a friendship on looks.

I have both male and female friends who aren't the prettiest people around and I love them as much as a brother and sister.

Looks has never been even the tiniest factor for me in befriending people.

Do you play sports? That's a great way to meet people. I've made many friends though sports I've been involved with over the last couple of decades.

Work is a good place to make friends too.

School/university is also if you're still in either of those.

How a man looks will definitely impact his romantic success but shouldn't really hinder his chances making friends at all.

• Like 1

I agree that it's very important you double your efforts to become part of a group. Either take up a weekend sport like softball or soccer or bowling or take a class that learns as a group, like cooking or woodwork or lab work. Join as a volunteer at something you might enjoy just an hour or two a week. Go to neighborhood meetings. Offer to volunteer to make campaign signs at election time. This is an automatic invite to the election night bash. Volunteer to be a Big Brother and meet single parents that way as well as helping a kid or teen. Or volunteer at pet rescue with a group.

Even average looking people have some problems meeting others. It will work to your advantage to make yourself part of a regular group. You might even join some type of hobby meetup. I did a paranormal group. There were all types there. You have a chance to let someone get to know your personality that way so you're not judged solely on looks. And you have built in activities to join in on. There are music groups and reading groups and cooking and wine groups of all kinds. There are bowling leagues and board game groups. Start getting creative and joining things where the group is together and doing something. It will give you something to do and maybe a real friend will come out of it.

This probably won't cheer you up as much as I'd like, but when we get older, it all evens out a bit! We gain weight and our faces fall and before long, there isn't that much difference between us physically.

If you feel you have one physical thing that is the thing holding you back the most, consider getting it fixed, if it's fixable. Don't be too proud to do that if it's within the realm of possibility.

I've seen very unattractive people with friends all over the place from time to time so it may not be your looks. Perhaps you are giving off a vibe of insecurity? I don't mean to be rude or mean but it could be a personality thing as well. You might join a meet up group in your area. There are tons of different groups such as hikers, foodies, people who enjoy playing (board) games, etc. You could develop a friendship with people in one of those types of groups. http://www.meetups.com, and put in your area.

Good luck!

• Like 1
Eighty_nine

Can we please see you? I'm sure evn if you're below average in looks that you're nowhere near as bad as you think. What do you think is wrong with your face?

• Like 1