your love story.

hello everyone!

i apologize if something like this already exists - i wanted to make a thread about YOUR love story. how did you meet your partner, where did you meet, what were you feeling when you first met them... do you remember that moment? :) and of course, how did your relationship develop? tell me your love story. :)

• Like 1

Imagine Dr. Zhivago with Julie Christie as a green-eyed brunette, no Geraldine Chaplin at home, David Lean directing and James Horner doing the music instead of Maurice Jarre'. I couldn't hold a candle to Omar Sharif in the charisma department but, boy, it sure was a memorable time in life. Passion, adventure, a bit of danger and intrigue in the then new post-Soviet world with no beeswax ice castles, just true snow. Elena was her name and she'll live on in my memory. In an interesting irony, she was the doctor.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's real and it's spectacular! ;)

i read your story - and i wish you many, many, many more real and spectacular years to come. :)

We met in the halls of Mater Dei high school. Me 17 her 16. Funny thing is I thought I was after her later I found out she set the whole stage, she actually stalked me, I guess not that uncommon for 16 year old girls. So what I remembered of our first meeting is different then hers. I can still see her as clear as today even if it was 1990. Tall dark hair green eyes, tight very tight Guess jeans (man what ever happen to those). The first thought was "she has pretty teeth".

We would talk for hours on the phone, wrote each other letters. Many of them she still has.

25 years later and I've loves her everyday, even when I didn't like her. We've made our mistakes, married divorced and getting remarried soon.

I'm lucky, I get it right out of the gate (even if I almost ***ked it up), all the mistakes we've made has made it all the more special to me NOW.

• Like 7
CrystalShine2011

We met online, a cute coffee shop was our first meet up.

He was 30 min early, I was 30 min late...we connected and it's been great ever since. :)

• Like 1
Quiet Storm

We met in high school gym class 1991. When he kissed me, I felt electrical shocks going through my body, no lie. We have a great combination of physical attraction, friendship, compatibility and respect. We've been through a lot together...the deaths of his parents, the drama of my family. We are raising three great kids. I still love him completely after 24 years.

• Like 2

Which one? I can romanticize them and make them all gooey if you want but they all go along the lines of...

Boy meets girl, they date a bit, shag a bit, then realize that its just not going to work and wonder off in their separate directions to live happily ever after... :D

If you want a bit of drama I can add the crushing pain of not being able to breathe etc etc... Or the bit where they are a**holes and I was a b**ch...?

• Like 2

We met online. From the beginning she was different from the rest. Her profile was pleasing and nice, her pictures were interesting and our conversation was fun, flirty at times but also very open and honest. Very refreshing.

We joked and laughed about dating bad kissers. We talked off and on for a few weeks. One day she said "so when are you going to kiss me?" I said "as soon as your lips are close enough to mine".

We agree that on our first date we would kiss before we ever said a word to each other. If it was a good kiss we would continue our date. It was like something out of a movie: I walked into the bar / restaurant, she stood up and smiled, we walked towards each other and when we met we kissed passionately - as if we had known each other our whole lives. That date lasted over 5 hours and we have been together ever since :love:

• Like 4

We met in university, and the day after we had our first date, we talked about getting married, which we did a little over a year later.

Been married 18 years now, andbhave lasted through deployments, having children, and some pretty harsh realities.

We still manage to make each other happy.

• Like 1

Met her at school. She got shown in by the head on her first day, I glanced up from my desk and saw the most stunning green eyes i'd ever, and have ever seen except for in our son. I told my best mate right then and there that I'd make her my girlfriend.

And I'm a man of my word, even if it wasn't as straight forward ;)

Ever heard 'Jessie' by Josh Kadison? Old song, happened to come on the radio a while back - long after we were married, but I put it on my ipod - always makes me think of us back in the day. Not sure exactly why. Maybe cause I was a stubborn country boy but I'd of followed her into anywhere! There's just something about her.. :love:

• Like 2

At times I will be out by myself and something will remind me of her. Before you know it I will get all teary eyed thinking about how amazing she is. Its crazy and I dont know if it happens to anyone else?

Just thinking back on our first date does it to me...

• Like 1

It was a stormy night, we both hailed a cab. :bunny:

No. It was really slow. I knew my love for a over a year casually. We talked more often and for longer periods of time.

When I knew that we both felt the same and we weren't in Kansas anymore: He was talking to my friend. I said to myself, if he keeps eye contact with her and doesn't look at me then I know the attraction is in my head.

He looked at me and we held gaze until my friend looked at me, then looked away and then back until she's wtf. We played that silly game, the two of us and we both knew then. We subsequently plotted shenanigans for our future retirement home using stupid things like saran wrap and fart cushions.

Greatest love with friendship, respect, passion and laughter. Some of you know how the story ends.

What a person learns from unconditional love, companionship and chemistry is worth a lifetime.

Love Love/Carpe Diem/Thanks for the question, love the stories.

• Like 2
2.50 a gallon

It was a hot July night, I had just gotten off work at midnight and stopped at a convenience store to get a cold soda for the ride home. When I entered the store my first thought was there is a face I could kiss good morning to for the rest of my life. Then as I walked by I noticed them long legs. As I walked back to the cooler, I began wracking my brain for something to say to get us off on the right foot and totally drew a blank. Then to make matter worse, as I dug out my old wallet, it fell apart, cards, money, everywhere.

That is when this total stranger said to her, " I know you have been agonizing over what you can buy me for Christmas. It would seem I could use a new wallet"

That got her to laugh, from then on she thought I was funny. It was a couple of years later before we had out first date. Now 20 years later she still thinks I am funny and still remembers the first words I ever said to her.

• Like 4

I shall never forget the time when someone I knew for a while and saw regularly saw me out at a party... He was "introduced" to me and his words were "f*** me, I didn't recognise you, your gorgeous with make up on"... Quite the charmer but that one made me smile too...

Lovely stories and very uplifting.

Thanks for sharing folks!

• Like 1

i liked what I saw, but I needed to know more, so I spent more than a year finding out. And then we got together at a conference and knew it was right.

• Like 1