Why do guys constantly think a girl is going to "trap" them by getting pregnant?

But wait a second...

What is the OP asking?

I am assuming she meets a guy, dates him, and says the "Don't worry I am on the pill"

So, you are saying if a guy might not trust her, he either thinks he is such a great prize, or has Catholic guilt?

I wonder how many moms would tell their sons "ok honey.. Anytime a girl says she is on the pill you can trust her. Women never lie and their word can be trusted 100% of the time. "

I bought my oldest son condoms before he took his class trip to Italy when he was 16 years old. As a mom I worry a whole lot more about diseases than being a grandma.

That's All.

• Like 1

MB -I do generally find career orientated, got their **** together, attractive women tend to not be the ones to have 'oops babies'.

I would guess quite a few of these would opt for abortion too if they did land pregnant. Career and/or education being more important that landing a man or being saddled with a child.

Contraceptive failure can happen to anyone.

• Like 1
Some women out there are looking for a free meal ticket. It's a tarp!

And some men are looking for a cook, a housekeeper and a body to warm their bed...

• Like 1
Some women out there are looking for a free meal ticket. It's a tarp!

Awesome typo.

• Like 2
clevelander321

Once again, the OP is asking about dating..

I don't know about other guys, but most women I have dated are not encouraging me to finish inside.. It is usually the girls who are a bit more "out there" who want you to know they are on the pill, so no condom is needed, no safety, and you should just "trust them", or they might get all offended..

Big red flags.. These are more or less the same types that will also try to "trick you".. If they cannot understand that you might not fully trust them just while dating, then they are probably the more selfish type as well.

• Like 2
Rejected Rosebud
That's what I find strange in some of the post from women on here who blame guys if they are unhappy with their gf/wife getting pregnant because they did not wear a condom as well as her being on BC.
?? Because guys prefer to not wear a condom, they shouldn't be held accountable for their half of creating a pregnancy?

If people have a healthy relationship and they both trust each other, of course it's a joint decision to stop using them. If the woman turns out to be a liar, or the guy for that matter (fake vasectomy) that is awful. We do take a lot of risks when we open ourselves up to another person that way.

Bottom line is everybody needs to be responsible for taking their own measures to avoid unwanted pregnancies, that might include not having sex with people you don't trust, even! :)

• Like 2
Rejected Rosebud
Exactly... It amazes me how women expect men to believe everything out of their mouth just while "dating"..
if you find it so outrageous to believe these women, WHY are you even dating them much less having sex? :eek:

Which is it anyway, this:

Many of these women tell you before the first time you ever have sex with them.. Maybe on the third date .. "oh, dont worry I am on the pill.. Finish inside.." Talk about a red flag..

or this:

I don't know about other guys, but most women I have dated are not encouraging me to finish inside..

No offense but maybe a guy that has these troubles on the regular might want to take a look at his dating practices? :) I mean why have a tremendous amount of sexual experiences with women you basically think are sleazeballs??

• Like 1
It happens quite often. Often times to varying extremes.

I knew a girl that had 4 babies with different men and put them all up for adoption once the man left her. Now that is extreme, but she had the children to keep the man around.

Also, a small percentage of men sleep with most of the women. These men are the type that women want to keep for themselves. What better way that to get pregnant?

It's sick isn't it? I have a friend that wanted this guy so bad she poked holes in the condoms she bought and had him use. She had told the guy she was on the pill but he still insisted on using condoms. Sure enough she became pregnant and when he found out he was like a deer caught in the headlights. Her daughter is now 16 and the guy supports her but married another woman and they have 3 kids together.

I always tell my young nephews to use their own condoms and not use condoms supplied by the woman.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud

I always tell my young nephews to use their own condoms and not use condoms supplied by the woman.

Yeh I am not really in this discussion to defend the women, women are just as likely to be awful as men are, my main thing is COVER YOUR OWN A$$ that is everybody's own responsibility!!
  • Like 1
clevelander321
if you find it so outrageous to believe these women, WHY are you even dating them much less having sex? :eek:

Which is it anyway, this:

or this:

No offense but maybe a guy that has these troubles on the regular might want to take a look at his dating practices? :) I mean why have a tremendous amount of sexual experiences with women you basically think are sleazeballs??

Well I was single until about 35 so I did date plenty of women.

If a woman did tell me "don't worry I am on the pill" while dating (seems to be what the op is asking) it would be a huge red flag for me.

How can I trust a woman I just met with somethjng so important? Especially a woman who apparently cares little about her own health. Usually many more issues behind a woman who would suggest the above.

Well, if men were able to get pregnant, I am assuming many of them might want to "trap" a certain woman if also given the opportunity.. However that is just not how it works..

I think women are just people like everyone else. Given the right circumstances they will not always do the right thing..

I have known several men that this has happened to, so i do not believe it is some random fluke or oddity.

In some cases it is not as blatant, as the woman might want to even marry. Then divorce quickly with the minor children to collect child support/alimony or just be happy with the children being raised for a couple of years and then many years of child support.

I've seen this happen a lot over the yrs with star athletes.

They get knocked up, in or out of marriage, then paternity test and even in my poor country, they can end up with 25% of his monthly winnings.

Usually they get 10-15k euros / month.

This is in a country where the minimum wage is 230$ / month.

Yeh I am not really in this discussion to defend the women, women are just as likely to be awful as men are, my main thing is COVER YOUR OWN A$$ that is everybody's own responsibility!!

That is correct, no point in moaning about the ethics of women they hardly know, when men can take responsiblity for contraception themselves.

I have sneaky suspicion that very many men want to go bareback and want to take no responsiblity for contraception whatsoever, so when the sh*t hits the fan, it is obviously ALL the fault of that sleazeball woman who trapped the poor innocent man...

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
I have sneaky suspicion that very many men want to go bareback and want to take no responsiblity for contraception whatsoever, so when the sh*t hits the fan, it is obviously ALL the fault of that sleazeball woman who trapped the poor innocent man...

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but it's a bit more complicated than this. All of the male options are proactive while there are both proactive and reactive options for women. I'm sure a lot of men would rest easier if they could take a pill the day after.
  • Like 2
clevelander321
That is correct, no point in moaning about the ethics of women they hardly know, when men can take responsiblity for contraception themselves.

Well if she is saying she is on the pill and you can trust her, the whole point is that a man should not. So we all agree. Or others will have the same reaction. "Dude. Are you dumb or selfish. Just wanted to barebCk? Haha. You now deserve to pay for that your entire life. You did it!"

Let me explain how this plays out..

Guy meets a girl.. They "date" (OP does not mention how long or extensive this dating is.)

They have sex.. She says "Don't worry i am on the pill".. She is obviously saying not to wear a condom, and don't worry about finishing inside.

So, it seems the females on this thread are saying that guys should just blindly trust any woman who tells them this? Any girl they are "dating"?

Ummm... No way.. I would advise any guy who meets a girl who says "i am on the pill don't worry" to actually worry twice as much and be sure to wear a condom...

Most women who posted here actually told men should wear condoms.

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud

How can I trust a woman I just met with somethjng so important? Especially a woman who apparently cares little about her own health. Usually many more issues behind a woman who would suggest the above.

That's just my point!! :) How, and why would you trust a woman you just met, and vice versa, with that important of a responsibility? From my pov I don't think it's smart to be having sex with anybody when you are in the middle of dozens of loudly flapping red flags either, why? Don't even go there!!!
  • Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Are you dumb or selfish. Just wanted to barebCk? Haha. You now deserve to pay for that your entire life. You did it!"
But … you DO!! You are exactly 50% of this equation if you make that choice! Most guys are aware of this I think at least among the ones I know. It's not a very weird concept. Every time people have sex it comes with some pretty serious potential risks especially when you barely know each other. I'm not against casual sex but heck! KNOW what you are going into and handle it!!
clevelander321
But … you DO!! You are exactly 50% of this equation if you make that choice! Most guys are aware of this I think at least among the ones I know. It's not a very weird concept. Every time people have sex it comes with some pretty serious potential risks especially when you barely know each other. I'm not against casual sex but heck! KNOW what you are going into and handle it!!

Many guys are weak and naieve when it comes to sex.. And many women want to KEEP a man and want a child. Combine the 2 of these, and it is very easy to trick a guy..

Part of the problem is we live in this society where women are far more trusted, viewed as saints, innocent etc.. So guys in this position can't even believe a woman would do such a thing until it happens.

clevelander321
What is it with guys worrying about a girl purposely getting pregnant? They always think a girl "lies" about being on birth control. I find that insulting. Do guys really think about this when they are dating a girl? I'm not understanding this, if they say that, does that mean they don't ever want kids?

Look at the second part of the question. She assuming the guy must never want kids, if he is having sex with her and does not want a kid with her..

I feel when women do lie about being on the pill, they have a way of justifying this to themselves, and will obviously never admit it. Probably something like "Well he is finishing inside, so he must not mind if he has a child with me.. Maybe he needs a little nudge.. We do love each other, and he says he likes kids.."