What do women say about their dates in private?

AVarma

I've always sort of wondered what women say about the men they've just started dating in private. For ex. when they're with their friends,sisters or mother what kinds of questions get asked? What's off limits and what's not? What's impressive and what's a red flag?

What do guys say about girls?

Take away the penis and replace it with a vagina.... Alas what girls say about guys. But that is pretty universal, it's dependent on the girl and her friends really.

• Like 5

My friends and I will obsess over things said and rave about our dates. If we like someone we avoid anything negative unless we really need advice because once a negative image has been formed, it's hard to shake it and our friends will be poisoned against the guy. Most women learn that and will keep those things quiet by age 21 or so. As teens of course, nothing was off limits.

• Like 5

It all depends on the women involved.

Just like men, some women are nasty about men and some women are never nasty about men.

It also depends on the man too, if he is known to be cheating or cruel or stringing women along or abusive or has any other bad trait, then the sisterhood will take him apart.

Of course there may also be a lot of banter and lots of the stuff said may be in jest, and it is not to to be taken too seriously.

todreaminblue

my friends ask em how a date went.... what did i do where di dwe go di di havefun...normally they dont have to ask this because they can tell i am excited and happy........i dont go into details...that are private especially if he shared things with me or opened up that is between me and him...and guys do open up to me....and i open up to them.........i have never gone out and discussed a guy with the girls.....i would remain quiet.......but i do say if i would see them again.....and how i felt we matched...if i didnt have a good time i say i dont think it will work out between us and i leave it at that.....i think it is actually away to have further dates not work if you discuss them intimately with your friends....they will throw doubts that arent really that good fro progression...you have to follow your own heart with this i feel...and keep intimacy and private conversation on dates to yourself.deb

Funniest, and IME amazingly true, line I ever heard from a woman on this subject:

"Are your ears burning?"

Having been 'one of the gals' for many years as a younger man, I was amazed by some of the stuff women talked about regarding dates, boyfriends and husbands. Good training for when I became a husband. Little surprised me.

Dates? Or boyfriends/husbands?

Casual dating partners? Anything goes. What we like, what we hate. If he's annoying, if he's boring. If we've hooked up with the guy: how big his dick is, how good/bad he was in bed. Their hygiene. What we don't like about him in regards to planning a date, not planning a date, being cheap, being unavailable, comments they make, etc. Everything gets talked about.

My friend will take screen shots of conversations she's having with casual dating partners just to be like OMG I don't think I like him anymore... give me feedback to tell me if I'm overreacting.

When it comes to boyfriends? For me personally, a lot of things then get bottled up by me. I won't divulge certain things because once you start talking bad about a significant others, it's hard for good friends to keep liking them.

I notice when my friends have serious boyfriends and then come to me crying/whining/complaining about what he's done to her? I lose respect for the guy and I wonder why they're even together anymore. When it happens repeatedly, then I stop caring and I don't have respect for their relationship as a whole anymore.

I will keep fights private, and anything that should be between us, will stay between us.

But again, if I'm just casually dating a guy and it's not a relationship, I'll literally tell my friends everything.

Bumpin in My Trunk

But again, if I'm just casually dating a guy and it's not a relationship, I'll literally tell my friends everything.

This deeply disturbs me. And more now since you confirmed it. I guess this is why I'm so walled up when it comes to women sometimes.

• Author

So what happens when the casual date becomes serious and they still remember all the nasty details? Does that not get awkward?

This deeply disturbs me. And more now since you confirmed it. I guess this is why I'm so walled up when it comes to women sometimes.

I mean... women talk. It's nothing new. You should expect that if you're dating someone new, that she's bouncing off things going on in her head with her close friends.

It's good to bounce things off of friends because I've alerted friends to the fact they were dating complete D-bags who were using them (and I was right), or I've told them that they were overreacting and shouldn't be upset at something that had happened.

So what happens when the casual date becomes serious and they still remember all the nasty details? Does that not get awkward?

Nah, if we're dating someone that has potential and we feel it's going to be something real, things stay quiet. Or we just gush gush gush about how awesome he is. However casual dating, and when we know its literally going no where, or we are getting the vibe it's not a match we'll talk about everything.

The last guy that I dated where I really felt a connection, all I talked about was how great it was that he was always on time, he always planned something with me in advance, how he was so down to earth and nice, how great in bed he was. Nothing negative at all.

Edited by KatZee
  • Like 2

It varies. Some spill every detail. Others are more circumspect. Most probably dissect every word / gesture to get confirmation from their friends that the new guy does in fact like her

• Author
Most probably dissect every word / gesture to get confirmation from their friends that the new guy does in fact like her

Are these teenage girls you're talking about or adult women? They sound kind of similar.....

Bumpin in My Trunk
I mean... women talk. It's nothing new. You should expect that if you're dating someone new, that she's bouncing off things going on in her head with her close friends.

It's good to bounce things off of friends because I've alerted friends to the fact they were dating complete D-bags who were using them (and I was right), or I've told them that they were overreacting and shouldn't be upset at something that had happened.

Well I was referring to when it is casual dating. I don't want some woman to go off about my life like that specially when we know the relationship has no potential.

I've always sort of wondered what women say about the men they've just started dating in private. For ex. when they're with their friends,sisters or mother what kinds of questions get asked? What's off limits and what's not? What's impressive and what's a red flag?

If I like the guy it's mostly positive things, things I liked that we did, the way he acts, what he says etc. will get reported. I mostly get asked what we did on a date, what he does, where he's from, if he's cute. My last bf took me on some of the most amazing dates, certainly the best first date I've ever had so he got gushed about A LOT because of it. He was also very sweet and caring so that was something I shared.

I also talk about things I'm worried about or unsure about with a guy I'm just seeing like, like with the ex in the beginning I told my sister and good friend that I was worried he may have mommy issues. With other guys it may be things like: I'm worried he may not be over his ex, I'm worried he may be cheap, I'm worried he may have a small penis, I'm not sure what he's looking for...things like that.

I also don't share all the same things with everyone. My sister and 2 bestfriends will get more of the details than other people and even among them I choose what to tell. I usually just debrief about how I feel about them and how I plan to proceed going forward, now that I think of it, more than it being about them them them.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 3
Nah, if we're dating someone that has potential and we feel it's going to be something real, things stay quiet. Or we just gush gush gush about how awesome he is. However casual dating, and when we know its literally going no where, or we are getting the vibe it's not a match we'll talk about everything.

The last guy that I dated where I really felt a connection, all I talked about was how great it was that he was always on time, he always planned something with me in advance, how he was so down to earth and nice, how great in bed he was. Nothing negative at all.

True.

I've been in the position and have witnessed friends lead with the negatives then say "But he's a nice guy" and I'm like no...when you REALLY like a guy you CANNOT help but lead with the positives and are either blind to the negatives at first or save those for last. So if you're always starting with the bad stuff you probably don't like him that much.

But yes, when I feel a connection and it might go somewhere it's mostly gushing and positives. If I don't like the dude though I will tell of every horrible or lame detail of the date which had me saying NO.

• Like 3

Casual or serious, I don't "tell all" with my gfs...

I watch Sex and the City and that movie "About Last Night" (that I saw over the Thanksgiving Day weekend) and I just don't see how women can be so candid about their dating - especially the sexual encounters.

I don't even tell my gfs half of the stuff I type on here.

I just don't see myself telling a gf on how/what I'm doing in the bedroom...gross:sick:

Sometimes I won't even tell them about guys I'm seeing. I don't have to report to them what my dating life is like. Sometimes they don't even know "if" I'm seeing anyone.

I keep things private.

I'll give basic info, like where we went and when we went, but details remain private.

Sex related things are 100% private. I do not ever tell friends anything about the sex life.

Dates? Or boyfriends/husbands?

Casual dating partners? Anything goes. What we like, what we hate. If he's annoying, if he's boring. If we've hooked up with the guy: how big his dick is, how good/bad he was in bed. Their hygiene. What we don't like about him in regards to planning a date, not planning a date, being cheap, being unavailable, comments they make, etc. Everything gets talked about.

My friend will take screen shots of conversations she's having with casual dating partners just to be like OMG I don't think I like him anymore... give me feedback to tell me if I'm overreacting.

When it comes to boyfriends? For me personally, a lot of things then get bottled up by me. I won't divulge certain things because once you start talking bad about a significant others, it's hard for good friends to keep liking them.

I notice when my friends have serious boyfriends and then come to me crying/whining/complaining about what he's done to her? I lose respect for the guy and I wonder why they're even together anymore. When it happens repeatedly, then I stop caring and I don't have respect for their relationship as a whole anymore.

I will keep fights private, and anything that should be between us, will stay between us.

Pretty much the same.

Casual: Tell all.

Once serious: Pretty mum.

Women text their friends during their bathroom break on a date. What they say pretty much sums up if you're getting laid or not.

Although I under no circumstances sleep with people on dates 1-3, this first part is true. And the second part is true too, just about whether or not they're getting laid down the line.

I tell my roommate/best friend absolutely every detail and she tells me the same. But for all of my other friends, I'm more careful about which details I share. But I'd imagine any girl who has a really close female friend will tell her most things.

• Author
I think age and/or maturity plays a big role in how a woman discusses her dates, good or bad.

I've never had a woman say anything too brutal to my face although when I was younger I had occasions where girls are talking about "hot" guys in front of me. One of them inevitably asks about me and the girls say, right in my face, that I'm a "nice" guy, while everybody else get's labeled hot. Asking a girl out would inevitable lead to the "Ewws". As I grew older and began to ask girls out they mostly would either politely decline or accept and stand me up. I guess because of all that I always assumed that in private the conversations were pretty brutal.

I'm worried he may have a small penis,

Jesus, is the small penis bit really necessary?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Merge

Dating is a big part of the lives of many young people in their teens, 20s and 30s. Assuming the person isn't already in a committed relationship (or married) and assuming the person has a social life...it is likely that the person will go on at least one or two dates per month.

Therefore it is only natural that many people (women and to a lesser extent men) will want to talk about their dating experiences with their CLOSE friends. Emphasis on "close". Some may share almost everything; others may stick to the highlights or basic info. Dates are often interesting experiences (in a good or a bad way) and often make for cool/hilarious/useful/bad stories to eagerly share with friends. People are far less likely to talk about this stuff with acquaintances; they prefer to keep it within their inner social circles among people they know well and trust. We are a connected society that learns a LOT from what others share...so if some guy turns out to be an a-hole or a con artist then the woman will likely mention that to her friends. Now if things go beyond the dating phase and into relationship territory, then most folks will stay pretty mum about private relationship stuff with their friends. In most cases it's generally considered TMI, rude and disrespectful to be an open book about your committed relationship.

It's odd that anyone would be bothered by this. People talk about you when you're not around. That's life. Get over it. Chances are, you won't even know...and you have no control over it, so why even care?

• Like 1

I tell my mother pretty much everything that isn't sexual. I like her opinion.

I tell my girlfriends pretty much everything too.

I don't share the stuff that is off limits (what we do in bed, or things told in confidence).

If we break up, they will know about his tiny penis however. :D jk