Breakup required

Hey :) so my bf and I were together for around 10 months... Good relationship, no pressure, lots of fun etc. In the last few weeks we were together, he started acting distant - like we would make plans and he would cancel on me as he forgot he had something else on. This happened a few times until I eventually called him up on it, we met up to talk about it & he told me he thought it was "all in my head" and there were no issues at all. We smoothed things over and things went back to normal, he came over to my house a few days later and we chilled out & had a laugh. We made plans the following evening, I was getting ready to go to his & he phoned me and said he was going to watch the football - I said ok no problem! Then I thought about it & realised he would be having a few drinks, I text him to say we would just leave our plans for another night so he could go out with his pals - he insisted on seeing me. So I went over to his later that night, he was drunk and I got pissed off. We had a big argument and he basically said he didn't want a girlfriend anymore. He said he still wanted to be friends, I left his house in tears. We were texting later that night and told him I didn't want to be friends. I deleted his number & everything. The next day, once things had calmed down, I messaged him on Twitter saying of course I would eventually like to be friends but it would take time. He text me back apologising and saying he was glad I wanted to be friends but understood it would take time. I haven't heard from him since, that was almost 3 months ago. What do you guys think? HELP

Edited by Cracker bang
Title
  • Author

Yeah I think you're right - I've been doing fine, pretty much moved on completely. Just annoys me when he said he wanted to be friends but hasnt even reached out.

It's like the old saying... An ex wanting to be friends is like asking a kidnapper to stay in touch when they let you go. He's disengaged and moved on.

• Like 1