Your chances of getting dumped are lower around the holidays

The timeframe between November and January 1 is a time when your chances of getting dumped are much lower especially if you are a guy.

I think most know the reason why. Even if a woman decides during this 2 month period that she is ready to end it she might stay with the guy until January 2 and break up with him. Why? Because she's gotta wait and see how many Christmas presents she can load up from him. Take advantage of the holiday season and get the Christmas gifts first and then dump your guy on January 2.

That being said I myself prefer not to date during the holiday season. From October until January dating is off limits for me for many reasons. Number one I don't believe in being in a hurry to introduce my girlfriend to my parents. It is better to get alot of time in with her first before taking that step. The longer it takes before she meets my parents the better because then the likelihood is greater that this is a long term relationship. As liberal as my views are on many subjects I still have a conservative side when it comes to some aspects of dating and meeting family.

So going to meet this woman in January is really perfect timing for me. Assuming for a moment that everything goes well and we both are interested in more than 1 date I will have 9 months of time to build something with her and not have to worry about making decisions about whether to bring her over to family for holidays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

By this time tomorrow there will be many folks breaking up with their significant other as a new year's resolution. They won't break up on January 1 because they need a day to get over the hangover from New Year's Eve party. They won't break up between November and December 31 because it is the holiday season and they want to load up on Christmas presents first.

Eh, IMO, the dumps will happen after the holidays cuz people woke up one morning and realized that their "snuggle buddy" that kept them warm during the winter times isn't all that.

That's why I don't date during winter. I don't want someone with me cuz they are lonely. Lots of people in the military get lonely around that time too and are easy prey to be snatched up.

I don't think many breakups will happen in the next few days....Maybe before Valentine's day. But still, some may even make it till like Springish - where it gets warmer and all the women start wearing cute dresses and heads start spinning.

I once had a 4 year relationship start on Dec 31st and I also once had a 5 year marriage end on Dec 23rd, way different years of course...

The timeframe between November and January 1 is a time when your chances of getting dumped are much lower

By this time tomorrow there will be many folks breaking up with their significant other as a new year's resolution.

They won't break up on January 1 because they need a day to get over the hangover from New Year's Eve party.

Do you work for Gallup, or are you just making this stuff up?