Online Cold Approach Question

truth_seeker

What do you guys think about sending a facebook message to someone you don't know personally, but know them by seeing them in the same office building and gym? I found recently she is no longer working in the building. So I lost out on a chance meeting I had been hoping for quite some time. A friend of mine told me her name and I checked out FB to see if we have any mutual friends. We don't.

It's FB message or nothing. What are your thoughts? Go for it? Let it go? What's a good message to send if I do this?

Do it, but for God's sake, man... don't mention any of the stalker stuff.

Just say you think she is attractive, whatever you normally say to a stranger. Like you are meeting her randomly.

Does your friend know her? Maybe you can tag along to some event she is going to be at that your friend will also be at?

Just make it seem natural or you'll spook her.

• Author
Do it, but for God's sake, man... don't mention any of the stalker stuff.

Just say you think she is attractive, whatever you normally say to a stranger. Like you are meeting her randomly.

Does your friend know her? Maybe you can tag along to some event she is going to be at that your friend will also be at?

Just make it seem natural or you'll spook her.

Of course not! That's why I'm asking what's a good thing to write IF I send a message.

she has to expect your friend request first or else your message will go to the other inbox and she probably will not see it because it does not get the alert for a new message.

• Author
she has to expect your friend request first or else your message will go to the other inbox and she probably will not see it because it does not get the alert for a new message.

I'm thinking just friend request and play it off like the other poster said about it being random.

For goodness sake just be honest.

Hi - haven't seen you around for ages, so been trying to find you. How are you doing?

Not creapy shows you noticed her and that you are interested.

If she answers lovely if not do not collect her as a FB friend.

• Author
For goodness sake just be honest.

Hi - haven't seen you around for ages, so been trying to find you. How are you doing?

Not creapy shows you noticed her and that you are interested.

If she answers lovely if not do not collect her as a FB friend.

I take it you are a lady giving this advice?